Need Help Asap

aussie_in_fl said:
ok so people are saying im screwed this lawyer who i have heard from several people around town say he is great is telling me im ok....
he said even with me working its ok because im married and the family and marriage is legit....said they would look past that...WTF should i do i ahve money to file now, thanks to my parents.......should i do it myself or have him do it and not have a chance of screwing it up.....
thanks for all your hel guys

Hi:

I am still confused on exactly what basis you plan to file. You mentioned that your wife filed for a divorce. Your children will only be able to petition for you when they reach the requisite age. Do you perhaps have an employment-based petition in mind? I simply cannot find sufficient information to even guess on what basis you are planning to file I485.

pianoplayer said:
Hi:

I am still confused on exactly what basis you plan to file. You mentioned that your wife filed for a divorce. Your children will only be able to petition for you when they reach the requisite age. Do you perhaps have an employment-based petition in mind? I simply cannot find sufficient information to even guess on what basis you are planning to file I485.

He is saying that the I-485 would be filed on the basis of marriage..with no mention of pending divorce. His wife has apparently agreed to remain married until the AOS is granted.

FJCRUISER said:
He is saying that the I-485 would be filed on the basis of marriage..with no mention of pending divorce. His wife has apparently agreed to remain married until the AOS is granted.

Hi:

I see. If his wife agreed to that, I am guessing she will be withdrawing the divorce petition as well? I am not commenting any further on this scenario, as I believe we are getting into a landmine field of ethics; somewhere I dare not go.