1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. A journalist is interested in finding a Canadian who has overstayed their legal visit to the United States and is willing to talk about their story and why this happened. Given the topic, he said he can quote them anonymously in the story if necessary. Please contact him by "Clicking Here"

Dismiss Notice

Need advise on O1 and EB2-NIW issue

Discussion in 'General O visa issues' started by Panpeter, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Panpeter

Panpeter New Member

Hi,

I have a little complicated issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm on my OPT that will expire on next January. I was planning to apply for green card through EB2-NIW by end of this month. But now I need to travel back to my country due to an urgent family issue. I can stay maximum until end of this year. I believe it's not possible to get the advance parole documents within the limited time that I have now (1 1/2 months). I am wondering whether applying to O1 is the best option for me now?

I have completed more that 80% on my EB2-NIW application packet, is it possible to apply for both EB2-NIW and O1 simultaneously ? My intention is to request premium processioning on O1 application, so that I can travel in and out to US while my NIW-CP application pending (if O1 approved). I am currently employed and my employer is willing to file for O1.

Thanks in-advance.