Need advice

icequeen

Almost 2 years ago... My boyfriend had came here from El Salvador. When he crossed the border thru security, they pulled him to the side and gave him 3 days in a holding jail or something, and then finally allowed him to pass thru to the U.S. after being given papers for Notice To Appear, Removal Proceedings. He failed to show up to the hearing date. ( This all happened before i had met him )

What i would like to know is... Why they allowed him to pass if he is here illegally in the first place, why didn't they just send him back ?

I have called the 1-800 number and used his Registration number to find out about his case. He is Ordered Removal.

Is there anything that we can do to help to make this situation a little better? We are planning to get married soon, and we are expecting a baby in a few months.

Please advise me of any possibilities at this time... we are planning to get a lawyer soon but until then what are our possibilities?

The "catch and release" policy is quite common for illegal aliens whose nationalities are from other than Mexico.

He has been ordered deported. If he is caught he will be deported. He would also be looking at a 10 year ban on re-entry. How is he working? If he is working without papers, that is illegal also.