Need advice about B2 visa extension

spanspan

Registered Users (C)
I entered in the US with the B2 visa and according to the Form I-94 I can stay here for 6 months.
I've been stay in Florida for 3 months, and I'm going to travel by car and reach California as I planned; but now I would like to stay 2 months more in the US (in Los Angeles), since this is my last vacation in the US and so I'm thinking about extend my non immigration status.

According to the USCIS website, to extend my stay as a B2 nonimmigrant visitor, besides fill the Form I-539 and submit a photocopy of my passport and the original Form I-94, I must:

- Submit a description of financial support while visiting the US:
Do you think that two bank declaration (that statement that I have money to stay on vacation) would be enough?
Do I need to submit any other documents?

- Submit a written statement that explains:
1. The reason for my request to extend my stay:
Do you think that the explanation I said before is enough? Two more months in my case are ok. But how long does have to be the length of stay? What is the maximum extanded stay...?
2. Why the extended stay would be temporary:
Which kind of documents do I need to submit? Just a copy of a return plane ticket?
3. Any effect the extended stay may have on your foreign employment or residency:
I born in Italy and live in Italy, so my extension does not affect my condition of residency. And about my foreign employment, it's not going to be a problem because when I'll return home my work place will still be mine. So, do I have to submit my resident statement and a letter of my employment? Or do I need to submit any other documents?

Furthermore:
- When I have to apply? Because on the USCIS website I read: "you should apply for extend your stay no later than 60 days before your I-94 expires" but on the other USCIS document I read "at least 45 days before your stay expires"...
- How long does the process to extend my visa takes?

Thank you very much for your answers.

B-2 extensions should be requested for genuine emergencies. Anything that could have been addressed with a better timed initial entry is not an emergency. Having said that, since you have decided to extend, please go ahead. Make sure you justify it. Best of luck.

Do you think that the explanation I said before is enough? Two more months in my case are ok.

I entered in the US with the B2 visa and according to the Form I-94 I can stay here for 6 months.
I've been stay in Florida for 3 months, and I'm going to travel by car and reach California as I planned; but now I would like to stay 2 months more in the US (in Los Angeles), since this is my last vacation in the US and so I'm thinking about extend my non immigration status.

According to the USCIS website, to extend my stay as a B2 nonimmigrant visitor, besides fill the Form I-539 and submit a photocopy of my passport and the original Form I-94, I must:

- Submit a description of financial support while visiting the US:
Do you think that two bank declaration (that statement that I have money to stay on vacation) would be enough?
Do I need to submit any other documents?

- Submit a written statement that explains:
Do you think that the explanation I said before is enough? Two more months in my case are ok. But how long does have to be the length of stay? What is the maximum extanded stay...?
2. Why the extended stay would be temporary:
Which kind of documents do I need to submit? Just a copy of a return plane ticket?
3. Any effect the extended stay may have on your foreign employment or residency:
I born in Italy and live in Italy, so my extension does not affect my condition of residency. And about my foreign employment, it's not going to be a problem because when I'll return home my work place will still be mine. So, do I have to submit my resident statement and a letter of my employment? Or do I need to submit any other documents?

Furthermore:
- When I have to apply? Because on the USCIS website I read: "you should apply for extend your stay no later than 60 days before your I-94 expires" but on the other USCIS document I read "at least 45 days before your stay expires"...
- How long does the process to extend my visa takes?

Thank you very much for your answers.

You should seek some professional help who can accommodate your needs. or you can do your homework by researching online and try looking for those companies that does not only offer help for a particular visa for a one country. they should have the knowledge of different visas for different countries. for example, not on migrating to us but also migrating to australia, uk, etc..

hope that helps. :)

You can file in for an extension based on your reasons. But that does not guarantee an automatic approval by the USCIS. USCIS will review your present status and other details and only then arrive at a decision. Make sure to provide all necessary documents with your I-539.( I-94 should also be included)