NEED A sponsor for Intern

sarah123

I have a msters degree in Pharmacy from India and I have been working here in Dubai as registererd Pharmacist for the last 8 years. I have cleared my FPGEE, Toefl and TSE and waiting for the certificate from NABP.
Iam looking for a Pharmacy Chain/pharmacy who can sponsor me. I would like to work in FL or NY if it is not available ready for other areas too... If any of you guys know anybody kindly pass on the details.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1 related querry-pharmacist

I would like to clarrify few more points.

1. If Iam on B1/B2 visa and on a visit to US,can I stamp H1 visa without going out of united states.

2.If some one is ready to sponsor me for an H1 and if they have no issues with me to work for some other company can I change my H1 sponsorship to the new employer.

if any of you frinds have an idea about this..kindly provide the information....thanks in advance...

Sarah!

Greetings... I too have similar questions in mind. Did you get any answers to your questions?

As far as I know, some employer has to sponsor you, and file for your H1B visa. The visa window opens on April 1st of every year, and thousands of H1Bs are filed by empolyers. But there is a limit for the visas. Currently it is 65000. This year, they had to take a lottery, because on the first day itself, more than 1 lakh applications were filed. After the lottery, 65000 lucky people are selected and then, they can work on H1B only from October of the year. So, probably you'll have to wait for next October to actually work in the US as an intern. Meanwhile, you'll have to convince a sponsor to file a visa for you.

The other way I've heard is that even if you don't have a sponsor, you can get a H1B visa through a consultant i.e next year, then go to the US, and hunt for a job and transfer the H1B to that employer. But not sure of this method.

Let me know if you get any more ideas.

Manohar

hi there!

Wow, it seems difficult to obtain the H1-B visa; I'm currently 2 years away from graduating from pharm school; could you give me any advice to obtain a working visa? also, what do you mean by obtaining a visa from a "consultant?" Cheers!