Need a help!! Please answer my question!!!

boldlygo

Registered Users (C)
Fbi Security Check!

Ok, I had an interview with INS on July 28. I filed my application on March 14, 2004. Yeah, it was very fast. The INS homepage shows that the processing date for my district right now is March 4, 2004.
Anyway, I had an interview and passed the test.
Surprisingly, the officer said that he could not approve my application, because the FBI is still doing my background check on me.
What does that mean? He said, it 's possible the Nebraska Service center forwarded my file to the district office before they processed my file. But basically, he seemed not to know why, and even if he knew, he would not tell why.
I am really confused right now. I thought, the interview is given to only applicant whose background is completed.

Can somebody explain about my situation?
Also, when can I expect to take an oath?
Also, does this mean FBI found something bad on my record?
Last question, according to INS website, the processing date right now is March 4. And my receipt date is March 14. Does this mean, FBI did not even start background cheking my file?
How come I got the interview when my priority date is later than the processing date right now?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cn u please post ur full interview experience... which district office and what state.... u filed on 3 years base married to USC or 5 year base.

and what officer asked u during ur interview and how long that interview was for. plz tell us in detail...

Ok, it was Chicago district. and It was based on 5 years.
And the officer asked, basically nothing except test questions, whichi I don't remember right now. But it was all in the sample test.
He just asked some sort of question like I was a drunkard something like that. (well, yes, it was very hard to say no to that question. lol)
The other thing was, I lost my green card, but it was not a big deal. He game some sort of statement, and asked me to bring it to the oath ceremony.

It only lasted at most 20 minutes. I really regret that I didn't ask more questions about the FBI check thing.

Please, someone shed light on this.

boldlygo said:
Ok, I had an interview with INS on July 28. I filed my application on March 14, 2004. Yeah, it was very fast. The INS homepage shows that the processing date for my district right now is March 4, 2004.
Anyway, I had an interview and passed the test.
Surprisingly, the officer said that he could not approve my application, because the FBI is still doing my background check on me.
What does that mean? He said, it 's possible the Nebraska Service center forwarded my file to the district office before they processed my file. But basically, he seemed not to know why, and even if he knew, he would not tell why.
I am really confused right now. I thought, the interview is given to only applicant whose background is completed.

Can somebody explain about my situation?
Also, when can I expect to take an oath?
Also, does this mean FBI found something bad on my record?
Last question, according to INS website, the processing date right now is March 4. And my receipt date is March 14. Does this mean, FBI did not even start background cheking my file?
How come I got the interview when my priority date is later than the processing date right now?

Thank you.

Thanks boldlygo.

Well, not really. But my name is kinda common in Asian countries.
I don't understand what is asian-middle eastern, but I am from South Korea.
This is my opinion: I don't think any muslim name really slows down the process. My friend is from Lebanon, and he got naturalized within 5 months.

Its the commonality of the name / your having a name that relates to a person of interest that causes delays.. Also there are other checks done for people from select countries namely G-325 (Biographical Info)

boldlygo said:
This is my opinion: I don't think any muslim name really slows down the process. My friend is from Lebanon, and he got naturalized within 5 months.

Amen to your opinion. I have been saying the same thing on this and other posts. It is interesting to see how these morons want to make it seem like the USCIS and FBI are against muslims or people with muslim names. Nothing could be far from truth. Most if not all USCIS officers are decent, law-abiding people who need to be thanked for the job they do. Unfortunately, people like JoeF and Rahul often use the muslim wedge issue to smear the USCIS and spread confusion among members.

My firm belief: Having a Muslim name or being a Muslim is not a liability in the USCIS processes. Any one who says it is, is being dishonest and malicious.

----------------------------
Vote Bush '04

dsfgh100 said:
Amen to your opinion. people like JoeF and Rahul often use the muslim wedge issue to smear the USCIS ... blah blah blah
Vote Bush '04

Omen to your opinion

I see Rahul is agreeing with the fact that he is using Muslim wedge issue to smear hard working USCIS officers. Shame on you, Rahul. You are a disgrace.

Vote Bush '04

Woodhead Dude! You seriously need a life...nobody here has said that a name can cause delays only by virtue of being Muslim...it is the commonality and an existence of a similar name in the system that causes a 'hit' for FBI that causes the delay...
It is pathetic how u
1. How you spread misinformation and on being proven wrong, try to twist it and if that does not succeed, you malign other ppl by using the worst possilbe technique on a board..spam!
2. Jump at even the slightest hint of agreement with somebody... :rolleyes:
3. And the absoulute desperate attempt...create aliases similar to well known members on the board, and then praise yourself! Man..I don't know if you can sink lower than this.
4. Oh yeah..I forgot...now you are playing the 'religion' card. Turns out, you can sink lower... :eek:

Cheers!

dsfgh100 said:
Amen to your opinion. I have been saying the same thing on this and other posts. It is interesting to see how these morons want to make it seem like the USCIS and FBI are against muslims or people with muslim names. Nothing could be far from truth. Most if not all USCIS officers are decent, law-abiding people who need to be thanked for the job they do. Unfortunately, people like JoeF and Rahul often use the muslim wedge issue to smear the USCIS and spread confusion among members.

My firm belief: Having a Muslim name or being a Muslim is not a liability in the USCIS processes. Any one who says it is, is being dishonest and malicious.

Vote Bush Out

Hapless ..
dsfgh100 needs to praise himself through aliases becuase the fool is looking for attention. Let him hide behind these aliases, a donkey can not become a horse by painting itself a different color.

dimmsimm. If I need to hear your words, I will rattle the cage you live inside and ask you to speak. Got that?

Vote Bush '04

dsfgh100 said:
dimmsimm. If I need to hear your words, I will rattle the cage you live inside and ask you to speak. Got that?

Vote Bush '04
Did you not ask dimmsimm to be decent and focus on immigration. Then what is this ?

Unfortunately JoeF and his gang would not give up until they have all jointly sing the kumbaya at the expense of the poor board members reading their posts. More and more members are supporting version of facts, as seen in this thread. It is time for JoeF and his gang of hooligans to apologize for being wrong on this issue and repeatedly saying the wrong things even after I pointed out their mistake.

Vote Bush '04