Nebraska Service Center .. Phone #

RAsylee

Registered Users (C)
This is the notice that is online ..

===
On July 10, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.
===

I was thinking am I suppose to call the Toll Free number that I had called or is there a direct number for Nebraska Service Center....

If someone knows the number for Nebraska Service Center and can post it here, it will be appreciated.....

Regards,

There is no more Nebraska service number . This is what I've been tolled when I called to the national customer service.
irina

Originally posted by RAsylee
This is the notice that is online ..

===
On July 10, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.
===

I was thinking am I suppose to call the Toll Free number that I had called or is there a direct number for Nebraska Service Center....

If someone knows the number for Nebraska Service Center and can post it here, it will be appreciated.....

Regards,

Unfortunately that number to directly call NSC is no longer in service. I understand the frustation of not getting in the mail what you are supposed to get. My family got their RFE notices on time with no problem. Mine however took longer because was mailed to the old address.
At that time, I called NSC and found the problem was they had the wrong address. The guy told me it was going to take 4 weeks to get the new RFE to be sent to the right address. It seems that 4 weks timeframe is a standard for them even for a single letter. They guy explained to me that it requires that long because somebody has to go my file and they have so many cases that it takes at least that much time to mail a new letter.
And in fact took 4weeks to get the new RFE. Luckily, in the mean time I was able to get the original letter they sent to the wrong address and I mailed eveything back 2 weeks before. I still have the new RFE they sent to the new address.
In my case, I knew what the RFE was going to be because my family had already got it; however, they advised me not respond before I receive the new RFE because I had to include in my response the original envelope they mailed over to me for my response. That nevelope has a bar code and they need that to process the application; otherwise I had to wait longer.
From what I have read in your postings, at some time you have changed your address. It seems to me that somehow they didnt get the new address. This is what I would do if I were in your situation:
1)) I would call the 1-800 number they have now for the National Center, talk to somebody. Make sure NSC have the right address and find out where exactly they sent the notice. They are going to send a notice to NSC and they will give you a 4 weeks period timeframe. I believe you have already done this.
2)) I would send a letter by USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation addressed to Terry E. Way at NSC PO Box 82521 Lincoln, NE 68501-2521 explaining everything concisely. I would also include the LIN number in the front of the envelope.
There is also a PO Box to report change of address to NSC.
3)) Once you know where they sent the RFE, try to find if somebody finally got the letter. Mail sent by BCIS is returned to them if the intended receiver is no longer in that address, but still somebody might have received it. Bear in mind it is going to take a while for BCIS to receive the original RFE back from the Post Service. If that is the case, at some time the online status will be updated saying they received the RFE back . I mean, if they update the online check or you havent provided them with the new address.

Change of address should be a pretty straight forward process; however, these type of problems always happen. For he last five years my family and I have been considering moving; however, we finally decided not to do until the GC process is over.

Hope this helps, and good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
alanpero2,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I did updated Nebraska with my new address. That is how I think they were able to send me the FP notice on my current address. I have been living in this location for almost 3 years and I did my FP earlier this year.

I will indeed try to contact the people at my old address to see if they received any mail for me...

I did call 1-800 # and they told me four weeks or so for response and I am waiting for it.

I will send a letter to the contact you have posted and hopefully something will materialize....

Expereince shared by folks here is greatly appreciated. This is the only bright light sometimes in this not so bright environment these days .. :)

alanpero2,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I did updated Nebraska with my new address. That is how I think they were able to send me the FP notice on my current address. I have been living in this location for almost 3 years and I did my FP earlier this year.

I will indeed try to contact the people at my old address to see if they received any mail for me...

I did call 1-800 # and they told me four weeks or so for response and I am waiting for it.

I will send a letter to the contact you have posted and hopefully something will materialize....

Expereince shared by folks here is greatly appreciated. This is the only bright light sometimes in this not so bright environment these days .. :)

Now that you mention it. It also happened to me, I received the FP notice with no problems together with my family; however, I didnt get the RFE.
While dealing with this problem, I realized that my mailing address in my I-485 application was a different one (it was the address of the office that complete the application), while for my family was the correct one (our old home address), and even though I had already notified NSC with the new address and received the FP notice, I didnt get the RFE.
I believe you are in the right track, and you will get the notice. Continue posting your experience, that will help others to face similar problems.
Good luck

Request for Further Evidence, the dumb letter that the BCIS loves to send out to helpless people like us.

Further updates in this saga ...

I did went to my previous residence. Knocked on the door and explained my situation to the puzzled new resident that I fear BCIS had mistakenly sent my notice to the old address. I showed them my old INS receipt and the person said...OH yes there was something that was delivered but we sent it back two weeks ago... That was nice of them...so now we know that even though we have updated our addresses with BCIS they are still sending letters to the addresses where we used to live at the time of filing the I-485 application ...

Here is now the new status that I just saw on line ...

====
On August 4, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.
====

Looks like Nebraska was notified when I reported that I did not receive the RFE by the toll free staff (called them up July 25 as my previous notice was originally sent on July 10) so they are sending this notice ... Let's see how this turns out ... I am waiting for this very eagerly....

Further updates in this saga ...

I did went to my previous residence. Knocked on the door and explained my situation to the puzzled new resident that I fear BCIS had mistakenly sent my notice to the old address. I showed them my old INS receipt and the person said...OH yes there was something that was delivered but we sent it back two weeks ago... That was nice of them...so now we know that even though we have updated our addresses with BCIS they are still sending letters to the addresses where we used to live at the time of filing the I-485 application ...

Here is now the new status that I just saw on line ...

====
On August 4, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.
====

Looks like Nebraska was notified when I reported that I did not receive the RFE by the toll free staff (called them up July 25 as my previous notice was originally sent on July 10) so they are sending this notice ... Let's see how this turns out ... I am waiting for this very eagerly....

Good, I am glad to hear that.

alanpero2,

According to your experience it took how much time once BCIS got your RFE material and made a decision?

How much time lapsed once the decision was made in your favor and notice was sent to you to the appointment at the local BCIS office for stamping?

Thanks,

alanpero2,

According to your experience it took how much time once BCIS got your RFE material and made a decision?

How much time lapsed once the decision was made in your favor and notice was sent to you to the appointment at the local BCIS office for stamping?

Thanks,

It varies, my family got their approval the following week after BCIS received the response to RFE.
Mine took longer, like three weeks I believe. My family got in the mail the notice for stamping 4 or 5 days after the approval was posted online.
Hope this helps. Other people in this forum have also posted the time it took for them to get the approval after thy responded to the RFE.
Hope this helps.

alanpero2,

What was the matter of RFE BCIS requested: medical exams, I-94 copy, etc? Can you share some details to the extent you feel comfortable?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Originally posted by rik-tik-tak
alanpero2,

What was the matter of RFE BCIS requested: medical exams, I-94 copy, etc? Can you share some details to the extent you feel comfortable?

Thanks in advance.

:)

I already explained this before. Our problem was with supplemental form to the medical exam, the one filed contained a photocopy of the physician signature. They didnt asked for a new medical exam; however, I decided to go through the medical exam process again and avoid further inquiries.
That was all. Regards