NBC requesting A# file from holding office

spiderman03

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone come across or heard about how long does it take once NBC requests A# file from the holding office (field control office) and receiving it? Anybody got lucky knowing this from their conversation with an IO? The IO I spoke to yesterday told me that they requested my A# file from the holding office on Oct 4th. She said once they receive the A# file, I will be put in the queue for interview scheduling. That's the reason for my question. Please reply if you have any information. Thanks.

Did anyone come across or heard about how long does it take once NBC requests A# file from the holding office (field control office) and receiving it? Anybody got lucky knowing this from their conversation with an IO? The IO I spoke to yesterday told me that they requested my A# file from the holding office on Oct 4th. She said once they receive the A# file, I will be put in the queue for interview scheduling. That's the reason for my question. Please reply if you have any information. Thanks.

Isnt all A file in the archive location in LEE SUMMIT? That process should be same for all.

Isnt all A file in the archive location in LEE SUMMIT? That process should be same for all.

If that is true, every applicant within the DO should get IL on a first-come-first serve basis. Within Chicago DO, I have seen few cases filed before me still waiting for IL while few cases who filed almost 3 weeks after me receiving IL already. Between FP & IL, the A# file request by NBC is the only thing done by NBC before sending them in the Q for local DO to access it and approve the interview date & time. So, I don't think A# file request time is the same for everyone. Infact, I remember the IO telling me that the A# file request takes little longer for some people and that's why the delay. Also, I have read lot of PDF files yesterday confirming that A# files are stored at various field control offices (called disctrict offices or sub-offices). It need not be at the archive location in Lee Summit. May be after citizneship is done (last step), they might move it to the archives for good.

Last edited by a moderator:

No one know how it works. That is why I don't know why soemtimes interview get canceled because A file do not arrive at DO in time. if
NBC only schedule an interview after A file arrive at NBC, then they
should have enough time to send it to DO.

It is also assumed interview is only scheduled after name check FPO
check is done. But we seem to have cases contradict that assumtion

No one know how it works. That is why I don't know why soemtimes interview get canceled because A file do not arrive at DO in time. if
NBC only schedule an interview after A file arrive at NBC, then they
should have enough time to send it to DO.

It is also assumed interview is only scheduled after name check FPO
check is done. But we seem to have cases contradict that assumtion

That's a good point but the USCIS memorandum has an answer for it. It seems some field office staff doesn't follow the rules and they just schedule the interviews without waiting for the A# file to arrive at NBC. USCIS is trying to reduce such errors by trying to educate the staff. It is also said that some staff personnel doesn't even know that they have a File-Tracking-System in their environment and don't use it. That's why they have trouble in locating the A# file.

That's a good point but the USCIS memorandum has an answer for it. It seems some field office staff doesn't follow the rules and they just schedule the interviews without waiting for the A# file to arrive at NBC.

It seems all initial interview are scheduled by NBC not by local DO

If that is true, every applicant within the DO should get IL on a first-come-first serve basis. Within Chicago DO, I have seen few cases filed before me still waiting for IL while few cases who filed almost 3 weeks after me receiving IL already. Between FP & IL, the A# file request by NBC is the only thing done by NBC before sending them in the Q for local DO to access it and approve the interview date & time. So, I don't think A# file request time is the same for everyone. Infact, I remember the IO telling me that the A# file request takes little longer for some people and that's why the delay. Also, I have read lot of PDF files yesterday confirming that A# files are stored at various field control offices (called disctrict offices or sub-offices). It need not be at the archive location in Lee Summit. May be after citizneship is done (last step), they might move it to the archives for good.

Every case is different. Some have multiple A files...some dont! Before one gets an interview, there is name check issue etc. Not everyone is same. if you call USCIS, they themselves dont know why somoene's case is delayed.

they wouldn't send IL unless Name check is completed, some Name check takes longer and delays IL

Agree. But % of applicant, called for interview and background check incomplete, is very less.

Not a single individual reported that lately in the forum.

Normally that is the case. But there is no guarantee that is always teh case

This is like trying to find out who was first the egg or the chicken lol. We all know by know that things work there pretty much without order, I think the bottom line is the PERSON who is doing the job and how good that person in charge of that job is doing such. It seems they are trying to better the system but I think they are probably under staff and THAT staff is probably not so brilliant, they are citizens already haha. On a serious note, if your case is delay keep buggin them until it gets resolved, that's pretty much all we can do since it is out of our hands.