Naturalization Interview

raj1d

Registered Users (C)
I had my naturalization interview (based on 5 years after being a permanent resident - job - it was in fact about 8 years) this morning at the Dallas USCIS office (My PD is Feb 2004). After the oath, the officer went through the application and made sure the answers that I had on the application did not change. I had 2 traffic tickets that were declared on the application (I had sent copies of the court records that it was paid) and she acknowledged those. Then she went through civics test where I was asked 6 questions from the standard list of 100

1) Who is the commander-in-chief?
2) What is the top most court?
3) How many states are there in US?
4) Who has power to declare war?
5) What is the color of star in the flag?
6) How many stars in the flag?

I was asked to read and write a sentence in English and that was the end.
I was not asked to produce any other documents except my Drivers License, Passport, Green Card and Social Security Card. The immigration officer also went through the passport and cross checked the dates of arrival and departure from US.

But, she marked the result letter as decision can not be made at this time. The reason was that she is only 2 weeks into this job and so it has to approve by her supervisor and that should happen by the end of next week.

She also told that they are trying their best to schedule oath ceremony by October 1st so that people can register to vote in the November election.

Real nice and courteous immigration officer and I wish all the Immigration officers were like her.

raj1d said:
She also told that they are trying their best to schedule oath ceremony by October 1st so that people can register to vote in the November election.

Congratulations! what is your district office?
Thanks

raj1d said:
I had my naturalization interview (based on 5 years after being a permanent resident - job - it was in fact about 8 years) this morning at the Dallas USCIS office (My PD is Feb 2004). After the oath, the officer went through the application and made sure the answers that I had on the application did not change. I had 2 traffic tickets that were declared on the application (I had sent copies of the court records that it was paid) and she acknowledged those. Then she went through civics test where I was asked 6 questions from the standard list of 100

1) Who is the commander-in-chief?
2) What is the top most court?
3) How many states are there in US?
4) Who has power to declare war?
5) What is the color of star in the flag?
6) How many stars in the flag?

I was asked to read and write a sentence in English and that was the end.
I was not asked to produce any other documents except my Drivers License, Passport, Green Card and Social Security Card. The immigration officer also went through the passport and cross checked the dates of arrival and departure from US.

But, she marked the result letter as decision can not be made at this time. The reason was that she is only 2 weeks into this job and so it has to approve by her supervisor and that should happen by the end of next week.

Real nice and courteous immigration officer and I wish all the Immigration officers were like her.

I used to follow this forum way back in 95-99 at the time of getting my GC, disappeared for a few years, started monioring this year when I applied for Citizenship. Just want to post my experience to help other people with regards to time line etc.

Application based on 5years - 3Month rule. Applied 4 years 10 months.

Feb 12 2004 : Sent application to TSC.
Feb 18 2004 : Priority Date.
Feb 25 2004 : Received Receipt of Application and Checks Cashed.
Feb 26 2004 : Received Letter for Figerprinting at Ft Worth.
Mar 23 2004 : Figerprints Done
May12 2004 : Received Letter for Interview.
Aug 5 2004 : Interview done in about 15 Mins, asked questions on
History and Civics from the 100 Questions need 6 out
of 10 to pass. She stopped at 6. Asked to read and
write an english sentence. Confirmed the application
and all declerations in it. Asked to show PP(Renewed
and Old) , GC, DL, no other documents. Asked if I paid
all taxes and no dues.

Given N652 on the spot (Natlz Imig Result) PASSED.
Given N445 on the spot (Oath Ceremony) OATH LETTER.
Sep 22 2004 : Oath at Plano Center in DFW 11:00Am.

Hope it helps others in he pipe line. Good luck to all. :)