Naturalization delay for almost 2 yrs

JD001

Registered Users (C)
I had my citizenship interview done back in November, 2004. The outcome of the interview was that uscis cannot decide on the case and a written decision will be sent in mail. Now its going to be almost two yrs and not a word!. I have sent them iquires, enaged congressional office, went with infopass but all in end that it's still pending. It seens to be pending on the so called FBI clearence or background check. I am looking for some advice as to what I should do and therefore would appreciate anyone response with similar situation.

Thanks
JD

JD001 said:
I had my citizenship interview done back in November, 2004. The outcome of the interview was that uscis cannot decide on the case and a written decision will be sent in mail. Now its going to be almost two yrs and not a word!. I have sent them iquires, enaged congressional office, went with infopass but all in end that it's still pending. It seens to be pending on the so called FBI clearence or background check. I am looking for some advice as to what I should do and therefore would appreciate anyone response with similar situation.

It appears that a law suit is in the offing :mad:

I am in the exact same situation, I had my interview in June 2004, I did try also the congress, infopass in matter of fact I was there last week and I was told that it could take up to 4 years!!! :mad:

Any of you guys from China/India with common names or of middle eastern/Moslem background?

It is very unfortunate that you are having so much delay.

sobelle said:
I am in the exact same situation, I had my interview in June 2004, I did try also the congress, infopass in matter of fact I was there last week and I was told that it could take up to 4 years!!! :mad:

Since my interview and obviously with the delays, I have not travelled outside the US. I am wondering if that poses any issue with the pending status, espically when trying to enter back.

You can travel between interview & oath, but you do need to continue to maintain your continuous residence, so keep all trip under 6 months.