Naturalization completed in exactly 5.5 months

dsam

Registered Users (C)
My 12 year old immigration saga ended today (came to USA in 1992, rec`d GC on Jan 13,1999, oath as Nat Citizen today).

Had oath ceremony today at Charleston,WV (VSC). Lasted 2 hours - typical ceremony - at Courthouse. Later applied for passport.

Though my GC took longer than usual (no visa number available after I filed my 485 -"not current" in my employment based category at that time - had to wait till it became current), my Nat experience was smooth and relatively quick - took only 5 and half months from N-400 application (PD 10/21/03) to oath (4/5/04).

Goodluck to all others waiting.

(Timeline and other details - please search previous posts under my username)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dsam - Congratulations!

Quick question. Was W.Va your official district office or was this a transfer from some other district office?

Thanks

Congratulation. (I'm looking forward to this day myself.)

Again, congratulations and God bless !!!

Originally posted by mgh2001
Dsam - Congratulations!

Quick question. Was W.Va your official district office or was this a transfer from some other district office?

Thanks

Charleston,WV was my local office. (It is a sub office under pittsburgh). No transfer involved.
Though my interview was at Pittsburgh, that was from a mistake by the scheduling clerk at VSC (as per the USCIS officer at Charleston USCIS).

Charleston, WV and Pittsburgh, PA are both sub-offices under Philadelphia district office. That's according to USCIS website.

dsam, did your fingerprinting appointment mention Pittsburgh as the place where your interview was going to be scheduled? Thanks.

Originally posted by gsto
Charleston, WV and Pittsburgh, PA are both sub-offices under Philadelphia district office. That's according to USCIS website.

dsam, did your fingerprinting appointment mention Pittsburgh as the place where your interview was going to be scheduled? Thanks.

Their website says so but the only things that are done at Charleston,WV are Naturalization interviews, Fingerprints and Passport stamping at the time of GC approval. For all other services (inc filing 485, EAD, AP etc), we have to use Pittsburgh USCIS office. So it is a sub-sub office of Pittsburgh except for Nat interviews which it does independently.

My FP appt letter did not mention the site of interview. I do not think anyone`s FP letter mentions the site of interview. It just gives the date and location of FP appt. No more info on the letter.