Naturalization certificate and Signature

During Oath ceremony were you asked to sign your Naturalization certificate?

You may be reminded at oath to sign your certificate, but it's not like they won't let you leave if you don't choose to sign it right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strangely, we were not told about this and no one talked abot that too. Well, after the oath I was checking my certificate and saw that line for signature. I walked up to immigration officer, who was present for the oath ceremony, and asked him. He said, "I guess so", you already have signature on picture though. That did not make any sense to me.

Yeah on my Oath, we were reminded and told to sign with a felt pen as the ball pen ink fades after sometime at our own convenience.

Strangely, we were not told about this and no one talked abot that too.
It's assumed the applicant can read the certificate and would realize the need to sign the certificate on the line marked "complete and true signature of holder".

You will get a flyer along with the Certificate on how to sign the certificate! You don't have to sign the certificate at the time of Oath. You can do it later. But, the certificate is not valid if it is not signed.

During my oath ceremony, the officer did mention about them sgniture. He said that the sgn. has to be exactly the same as the one on the picture which you signed in front of the interviewer. But you do not have to sign the NTZ cert. in "this building". You may sign it when you get home. So I did mine after I got home.

You are USC when the officer says you are now USC. You are done no matter when you are go to sign your NTZ cert..