Name Clearance Not Yet

GreenCardNotYet

Registered Users (C)
I completed my interview today and the INS officer said that there is only one minor issue which is name clearance.

He was very kind.
He said he would check once in a week to check if it is cleared. Once it is cleared, I should bring the clearance letter and passport to get stamped.

I'm both relieved and disappointed because all my documents are approved but name clearance was not completed.

What is this name clearance and what are the variables that will come out of it?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

They completed the name check for my causan within 40 days.

RD 10/19/2001
ND 11/27/2001
FP 02/14/2001
RFE 12/09/2002
2nd FP 06/19/2003
3rd EAD applied 11/14/2003
3rd FP Schedule for 12/26/2003
AD ???

GreenCardNotYet

Hey,
Can you give the full detail about the Interview Q & A
and what are the documents you took.
which center you did Interview?

What is name clearance anyway?

Q&A is pretty much rutine: they are prefixed and your lawyer will tell you what.

I brought tax returned for 2 years, passports, driver's licence for my new address, interview letter, employment letter(notarized), etc... You first swear to tell the truth after taking your index fingers printed..rutine Qs(the year you started to work, last entry to the US, etc.)

Before he asked the questions, he said that I have a minor thing which is name check...

40 days...?

What is name clearance anyway?

name check, my name is common...

I don't know if the following refers to the same name check I want answer about:

IBIS Procedure

INS performs background checks using the "IBIS" database for all types of applications and petitions, whether filed at the regional Service Centers or the local District Offices. These checks occur within 15 days of receiving the case and remain valid for 35 days. If the adjudication occurs more than 35 days after the IBIS check, a new check is required.

These timeframes can become an issue for Adjustment of Status (I-485) applications. In those cases, the Service Center sends an approval notice directing the applicant to the Local District Office for a passport stamp. If the passport stamp is done within 35 days of the last IBIS check, no additional check is needed. If a further IBIS check is needed before the passport can be stamped, it may take only a day at many of the local offices. However, if the check results in a "hit" (a match with a record on file of a person with a criminal issue or other serious problem) the case may take much longer to resolve.

Note that, since IBIS is a name check system, if one has a very common name there may be a "hit" based on the record of some other person who happens to have the same name. In the event of a hit, the local office is required to place a stamp in the passport as evidence of permanent resident status, valid for 30 days only. This stamp will provide evidence of authorization to work and will allow travel for the 30-day period. No mention was made regarding procedures if the matter is not cleared up within 30 days but, presumably, the person could obtain another stamp if needed

From... http://www.murthy.com/UDhed802.html

OMG! After 1 year, still pending!

Someone wasn't cleared even after over a year!

Average is 6 months!

If you don't see my post tomorrow, consider I'm not in this world anymore.

I'm gone by then. Have all a good life~:(

Name check. I'm still alive and well. Sigh...

Is all 485 applicants do only FBI check or as other applicants, GC applicatns also go through FBI check "and" CIA check?

Does FBI check go ahead of CIA check?

How do we know under what check (FBI or CIA) I'm in now?

What's the maximum period one has to wait in case of CIA check?--I heard FBI check can go much longer than 6 months...

Arh................I miss mom.

FBI check and Name check?

I have three conflicting security checks theories:

1. IBIS security check.

2. FBI name check AND CIA name check, back and forth IBIS check

3. FBI check and Name check.

I got interviewed and the INS officer said that "FBI check is cleared but I have to wait for Name check clearance." According to him, The theory 3 is right.

But is that right? Some say IBIS security check is the "name check," while some say there are two separate checks, FBI name check and CIA name check. Which is right?

And, FOR GOD'S SAKE, Under what security check am I under now and how long I should wait?

:confused: :confused:

Re: FBI check and Name check?

Originally posted by GreenCardNotYet
I have three conflicting security checks theories:

1. IBIS security check.

2. FBI name check AND CIA name check, back and forth IBIS check

3. FBI check and Name check.

I got interviewed and the INS officer said that "FBI check is cleared but I have to wait for Name check clearance." According to him, The theory 3 is right.

But is that right? Some say IBIS security check is the "name check," while some say there are two separate checks, FBI name check and CIA name check. Which is right?

And, FOR GOD'S SAKE, Under what security check am I under now and how long I should wait?

:confused: :confused:

I had a thread earlier named "Security checks". It is long. You can still find it.