Name Check!!

aswresm

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
I am being so pessimistic about my N-400 application...As My I-485 took 2 years to complete and I had to send them a letter telling them that I will file for a writ of Mandamus for them to approve my GC...I Got my Green card in december 2008. My application for naturalization N-400 was accepted by the phoenix NBC center on December 2014 (six years after I got my green card).....Got a yellow letter on 01/07/2015 to bring some documents to the interview....Then did my biometrics on 01/14/2015 and then NOTHING ( almost three months since filing) ......I live in the suburbs of Detroit Michigan....My I-485 application was stuck in name check, Do you think that my N-400 application will also be stuck in the same name check limbo....I never had any traffic violations, only travelled to see my family overseas for 45 days during the last 4 years. Been married to my love for almost 9 years now and I have one child....My wife was a US navy veteran.....
So the question is, Do you guys think that my N-400 application would be stuck in the same name check again....When is the time mark that I would start to worry if I was still not scheduled for an Interview?? .....Can I file for writ of mandamus again if I don't hear from them forsay after 1 year??...Please advice!!

Name check takes a long time. It bothers everybody how long it takes but it is what it is. Just plain, plain, bureaucracy. I would try not to think about it.