Name Check Cleared - How long it takes to get it updated in USCIS system

varpu

Registered Users (C)
Here is the timeline of the Name Check Status.

I contacted my local congressman for my pending Name Check, for which they have contacted FBI twice. And sent me the below response that on Sept 14 2006 FBI has finalzed the processing of the Name Check and sent result to the USCIS office at Washington DC. Today I called the USCIS and got the information from customer service that my security checks are still pending.

As it almost 2 months are passed since FBI sent the response to USCIS.
Any Gurus shed some Light about how much approx time it takes to get the name check information updated in the USCIS system.

TIA

checkout the users, yoginm73 and TOXSCI..
I think it took anywhere 3 weeks to a month..or so..

generally 3 weeks

varpu said:

I contacted my local congressman for my pending Name Check, for which they have contacted FBI twice. And sent me the below response that on Sept 14 2006 FBI has finalzed the processing of the Name Check and sent result to the USCIS office at Washington DC. Today I called the USCIS and got the information from customer service that my security checks are still pending.

Any Gurus shed some Light about how much approx time it takes to get the name check information updated in the USCIS system.

TIA
In my case it took 3 weeks..try to call TSC directly and talk to a representative..and inform him about it..if your Pd is current and have an attorney..try to initiate an AILA inquiry.
Pl refer to the following thread for more info.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=214587
All the best,

I also received a letter on Oct 27 saying my name check has been cleared on Oct 25,2006. have LUD changed on Nov 4 (and emails) but message is the same like those received on Oct 28. Any clue of approval?

Name check cleared only for myself not including kid and spouse, do I need to ask senator to check theirs again?

NIW
I140 Oct 10,2004, approved March 2005
I485 April 2005 waiting

How long it took for you guys to get the FOIPA report from the FBI. Did you contacted the senetor or the congressman after receiving the FOIPA report or you guys did this in parallel.

Hi, arizonaflower,

Is you 485 case approved? What the FBI letter say about your name check results? I also received their response letter today which said may name check has been "finalied and sent back to USCIS Washington office". It didn't specifically mentioned "cleared". How is yours?

Thanks

arizonaflower said:
I also received a letter on Oct 27 saying my name check has been cleared on Oct 25,2006. have LUD changed on Nov 4 (and emails) but message is the same like those received on Oct 28. Any clue of approval?

Name check cleared only for myself not including kid and spouse, do I need to ask senator to check theirs again?

NIW
I140 Oct 10,2004, approved March 2005
I485 April 2005 waiting

Contacting FBI thru Email

How did you contact FBI? Can you please share their email id?

Thanks

InfoPass

I would take a print-out of the FBI letter/email and take an Infopass appointment. Show the officer the letter that indicates when FBI sent the name check clearance. In my case it took about 30 days.

Is your priority date current?

varpu said:

TIA
Your FBI NC is OK, FBI FP is OK and your IBIS NC has records. So, your case is pending results from an external agency (from 26). They call this "security review". How long it will take? Nobody knows. It`s worst than FBI nightmare. I`m in the same boat since, as far as I know, SEP05.

I am in the same situation.

Filed I-485 in October 2001
GC Interview in Jan 2003 - approved pending name check
FBI name check approved in July 2004
USCIS refused to acknowlwdge that the security check was complete
My file was transferred to USCIS HQ in DC in October 2005
Have heard nothing since then.

Plan to file WOM in the very near future to take it to court.

jhawilla said:
Your FBI NC is OK, FBI FP is OK and your IBIS NC has records. So, your case is pending results from an external agency (from 26). They call this "security review". How long it will take? Nobody knows. It`s worst than FBI nightmare. I`m in the same boat since, as far as I know, SEP05.

Last edited by a moderator:
My FBI Name Check was finalized in December, 06.
I don't have updates of my 485 until now.

PD current,
FP Done.

Will everyone get a letter from FBI that Name check has cleared ? How do we know if it is cleared other than by calling the TSC?