Name Change document

jaymaster

I recently applied for India tourist visa and they said that I need to provide name change document. My name on indian passport is First Middle Last and in my US passport/naturalization is First Last. I told them that at the time of my naturalization process they removed my middle name because my birth certificate didn't have middle name or something. I found some affidavit on this forum and I told them I can provide that notarized affidavit which they refused and asked for official document. The official document they are asking is "Court Order" or Form G-24. I contacted my local courthouse and they have no clue on how to provide me with the documentation. I contacted USCIS for form G-24 and they don't have such form nor do they have it on their website.

Anyone been in this situation? any advice on how to get form G-24? hate this travisa suckers

Hey I am in the same boat. During naturalization the office gave me options of using FN & LN (as it goes by birth certificate) or wait for additional few months for court ceremony for name change to keep FN MN LN format. It didnt even occur to me then that this will be such a big problem later with OCI.

My OCI application is returned back. I tried calling Houston TraVisa but they are not able to help. I even sent them a notarized affidavit but that didnt work. I even went to the court and they said they cant really issue me a court order since you haven't really changed your name. I even called USCIS, took an infopass and talked to Immigration officer if i can get a stamp at the back of naturalization certificate. The office was aware that Indian Visa & OCI are causing this issue but she flatly said that they cannot give me any stamp or document that says its a name change.

In short, i am stuck in the same boat and i am really disappointed for not able to apply for OCI. I just cant think of any other option beside actually going again for name change to make it FN MN LN and then changing it again on Naturalization certificate and US passport and then apply for Visa/OCI. Sucks...

Any gurus, if you have been through this situation we will certainly appreciate your perspective or solution that you may have. Appreciate your help in advance.