NABC through the CGI - Chicago

tabaliya

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I'm trying to get a NABC issued for my mother - getting this from the Bangalore Municipal Corporation (aka BMMP) is proving to be difficult. One attempt at doing this ended up in me getting a weird letter stating that they will do more searches if more documents are submitted (like Ration Card, Voter ID, Utility Bill etc.). The currently provided letter from them hardly fits the so called NABC format.

My question is, can this be obtained from the Consulate General of India (Chicago is my jurisdiction). I don't specifically see this option listed in the list of services at CGI - Chicago. Second question is, if I do get it, will it suffice for the purposes of the USCIS?

As a footnote, I do have the two affidavits from close relatives vouching for the date of birth of my mother. Just struggling with the NABC.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

AP

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a NABC issued for my mother - getting this from the Bangalore Municipal Corporation (aka BMMP) is proving to be difficult. One attempt at doing this ended up in me getting a weird letter stating that they will do more searches if more documents are submitted (like Ration Card, Voter ID, Utility Bill etc.). The currently provided letter from them hardly fits the so called NABC format.

I got NABC from Bangalore several years ago.

Ask for FORM #10. this is available in all municipal offices. Its available in Kannada/English..Just ask them to type everything in English.

Ration card and your mom's passport(plus an affidavit from someone older than her) is enough proof of her date of birth.

Hello all,

My question is, can this be obtained from the Consulate General of India (Chicago is my jurisdiction). I don't specifically see this option listed in the list of services at CGI - Chicago. Second question is, if I do get it, will it suffice for the purposes of the USCIS?

As a footnote, I do have the two affidavits from close relatives vouching for the date of birth of my mother. Just struggling with the NABC.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

AP

As long as the NABC states that a birth record is not available based on the information provided, you should be OK. Birth documents issued by Indian missions are useless for green card purposes. NABC that you have now and 2 affidavits will do.

Ask for FORM #10. this is available in all municipal offices. Its available in Kannada/English..Just ask them to type everything in English.

Ration card and your mom's passport(plus an affidavit from someone older than her) is enough proof of her date of birth.

The problem is she doesn't have ration card.

I'll check on Form #10. Thanks for the tip. I had someone helping me on this in Bangalore and I don't quite know which form they filled out. Also the said letter from the BMMP was issued in Kannada. The letter only said that further search can be initiated upon furnishing of more documents.

When did you get your's issued?

AP

I found Form 10 here:

http://www.bmponline.org/egov-birth/PDF/Forms-10..pdf

But this seems to be the actual letter issued for the NABC. Is there a specific form to fill for this request?

Also, is ration card a must? My mother doesn't have one. Passport, other proof of address (telephone bill), PAN card etc she has.

Thanks.

AP

I found Form 10 here:

http://www.bmponline.org/egov-birth/PDF/Forms-10..pdf

But this seems to be the actual letter issued for the NABC. Is there a specific form to fill for this request?

Also, is ration card a must? My mother doesn't have one. Passport, other proof of address (telephone bill), PAN card etc she has.

Thanks.

AP

That's good. didn't know they had form #10 online.

Ration card isn't a must but then you should have shown some proof when your mom applied for her passport. right?

Try going to another municipal location in B'lore, that may help.

That's good. didn't know they had form #10 online.

Ration card isn't a must but then you should have shown some proof when your mom applied for her passport. right?

Try going to another municipal location in B'lore, that may help.

Some proof of what? Sure she had one when the passport was first applied for, back in 1987 or something like that.

She had a ration card when my parents were in Hyderabad back then. Since 1997 she has lived in Bangalore sans a ration card. For proof of address (if that is what is needed) I can submit a recent telephone bill. She does have her SSLC markscard if that helps.

Again, Form 10 seems to be the actual letter that is issued. What does the application form look like?

AP

Some proof of what? Sure she had one when the passport was first applied for, back in 1987 or something like that.

She had a ration card when my parents were in Hyderabad back then. Since 1997 she has lived in Bangalore sans a ration card. For proof of address (if that is what is needed) I can submit a recent telephone bill. She does have her SSLC markscard if that helps.

Again, Form 10 seems to be the actual letter that is issued. What does the application form look like?

AP

Well, if she doesn't have a ration card then you can't procure it.

Why don't you ask the municipal authorities specifically what proof they need?

where is your's place of birth in passport ?

Which is your mother's place of birth in passport? Place is most important, if she has place of birth as Bangalore then go to municipal/nagara palike office nearest place ( birth address) ask for birth certificate by showing PAN Card, utility bill and Passport. They may ask to prove that your Mom's parents were living during your mom's birth etc.

If your mom has place of birth is not in Karnataka then most likely they will deny to give Non Availability birth certificate

Grand parents Proof of address during your mom's birth is most important thing for issuing NABC for your mom and your mom ration/voter/pan card/passport are key.

If your mom born in Andhra then I guess that would be easy to get NABC IN AP (I heard from telugu friends told me that most of cities municipal/birth & death registrar are familiar about FORM10)

best of luck
vasu

Well, if she doesn't have a ration card then you can't procure it.

Why don't you ask the municipal authorities specifically what proof they need?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is your mother's place of birth in passport? Place is most important, if she has place of birth as Bangalore then go to municipal/nagara palike office nearest place ( birth address) ask for birth certificate by showing PAN Card, utility bill and Passport. They may ask to prove that your Mom's parents were living during your mom's birth etc.

If your mom has place of birth is not in Karnataka then most likely they will deny to give Non Availability birth certificate

Grand parents Proof of address during your mom's birth is most important thing for issuing NABC for your mom and your mom ration/voter/pan card/passport are key.

If your mom born in Andhra then I guess that would be easy to get NABC IN AP (I heard from telugu friends told me that most of cities municipal/birth & death registrar are familiar about FORM10)

best of luck
vasu

The place of birth of course is Bengaluru (Bangalore) else I wouldn't be doing this in the first place through the BMMP.

I don't think I have grand parents' proof of address. I have other docs - passport, PAN, telephone bill and SSCL marks card.

If grand parents proof of address is absolutely required - I wonder if I'm reaching a dead end with this one. Seems like a frustrating exercise to do just to get a freaking letter for Non Availability of the Birth Certificate.

I send emails to the BMMP officials (email IDs published on their website) but I full well expect those to get ignored and unanswered. I'll try my luck through a "remote personal assistance" service such as "Your Man In India" or some such service.

AP

I send emails to the BMMP officials (email IDs published on their website) but I full well expect those to get ignored and unanswered. I'll try my luck through a "remote personal assistance" service such as "Your Man In India" or some such service.

You cannot get a NABC by sending emails to BMMP officials. Don't think they respond kindly.

You need to send someone there personally.

You cannot get a NABC by sending emails to BMMP officials. Don't think they respond kindly.

You need to send someone there personally.

OF COURSE I KNOW THAT - I'm as much an Indian and a Bangalorean, having dealt with the Indian bureaucracy for much too long.

I sent them emails to just get some basic questions answered - that's all - it's called "inquiry", something the Indian state is loathe to provide as a service.

I have sent multiple people to their office personally, only to get misleading information and varied information (depending on the number of people you ask). One attempt at getting the NABC issued resulted in them issuing a weird letter saying they will do more searches based on more information. Hence this thread.

I think I'll try the remote personal assistant service in Bangalore next and see what happens.

AP

This should be begining

Don't ask for NABC directly, ask somebody go to municipal office /births & Deaths certification issuing section and ask them for birth certificate for your mom showing what ever proof you have...Most likely they will ask was it registered etc...of course we can tell don't know because grand parents never told about birth certificate.
let them check for 2 days or more then ask them if they can't find birth registration for mom then ask them at least give NABC.

this is best way to deal with them...try to find local municial commisioner phone number and try to talk to them after requesting BC OR NABC..

YOURMANINDIA people for sure they need proof of grand parents residence...

Of course person who is going to request BC OR NABC shd deal with those people real way ($$$$ hope you can understand I mean)
how ever you get things done when you go to govt offices.

It can be frustrating thing, living here and getting things done is very hard..one way is influence or throwing some money to get things done in our beloved mother land

good luck
Vasu
OF COURSE I KNOW THAT - I'm as much an Indian and a Bangalorean, having dealt with the Indian bureaucracy for much too long.

I sent them emails to just get some basic questions answered - that's all - it's called "inquiry", something the Indian state is loathe to provide as a service.

I have sent multiple people to their office personally, only to get misleading information and varied information (depending on the number of people you ask). One attempt at getting the NABC issued resulted in them issuing a weird letter saying they will do more searches based on more information. Hence this thread.

I think I'll try the remote personal assistant service in Bangalore next and see what happens.

AP

Don't ask for NABC directly, ask somebody go to municipal office /births & Deaths certification issuing section and ask them for birth certificate for your mom showing what ever proof you have...Most likely they will ask was it registered etc...of course we can tell don't know because grand parents never told about birth certificate.
let them check for 2 days or more then ask them if they can't find birth registration for mom then ask them at least give NABC.

this is best way to deal with them...try to find local municial commisioner phone number and try to talk to them after requesting BC OR NABC..

YOURMANINDIA people for sure they need proof of grand parents residence...

Of course person who is going to request BC OR NABC shd deal with those people real way ($$$$ hope you can understand I mean)
how ever you get things done when you go to govt offices.

It can be frustrating thing, living here and getting things done is very hard..one way is influence or throwing some money to get things done in our beloved mother land

good luck
Vasu

Thus far the Your Man In India folks have not asked for Grandparents' proof of residence (it is a hair brained thing to ask). If they do, I think that route is a lost cause. I'll keep trying.

I'm trying to locate someone to do the running around to the BMMP offices.

AP

Thus far the Your Man In India folks have not asked for Grandparents' proof of residence (it is a hair brained thing to ask). If they do, I think that route is a lost cause. I'll keep trying.

I'm trying to locate someone to do the running around to the BMMP offices.

AP

Just to let you know:

Your Man in India was able to procure the NABC (Non Availability of Birth Certificate) for my mother from Bangalore with minimal fuss (but a good fee :)). All in all it is costing me around $140 or so with courier charges but it was done in 7 days flat, with no ration card, nor address proof of grantparents (as some seemed to suggest on this forum) nor any other documents. All I supplied to them was the name of the hospital where she was born, the passport pages copy, copy of PAN card and SSLC marks card copy (all scanned and emailed from here).

So those of you looking to get the

NABC obtained with Your Man in India's help

Just to let you know:

Your Man in India was able to procure the NABC (Non Availability of Birth Certificate) for my mother from Bangalore with minimal fuss (albeit a good fee :)). All in all it cost me around $140 or so including courier charges but it was done in 7 days flat with no fuss, with no ration card, nor address proof of grantparents (as some seemed to suggest on this forum) nor any other documents. All I supplied to them was the name of the hospital where she was born, the passport pages copy, copy of PAN card and SSLC marks card copy (all scanned and emailed from here).

So those of you looking to get the

I hit the submit button too soon the last time ...

Thos of you looking to get the NABC or other documents from India, if you are willing to spend some, this service may be an option (Disclaimer: I have no business relationship with them, just a satisfied customer that's all).

http://yourmaninindia.com/index.html

is the link.
AP