N600 with no marriage certificate

rookie723

Hi, I am applying for the N600 through my father's naturalization. My family(mom, dad, and sis) and I arrived in the US back in 1991. We received our green card not long after. In 2000, my father became a US citizen. I was 13 years old at time and was living with my parents. However, my parents do not have a marriage certificate, but I was in the legal and physical of my dad til I was 18. I do have other documents such as birth certificate, school records with both my parents name and address, my learner's permit when I was 16 with the same address as my father. I am also listed on his beneficiary with his life insurance that he got back in 2000. Will this be enough proof? Thanks everyone

But are they married? If so they should have some form of proof of marriage, even if it is not an actual certificate.

p.s. Don't bother applying for a Certificate of Citizenship; it is a waste of money and time. Just apply for a US passport.

My parents got married in Laos back in the early 1980's. They grew up in a village and got married the Laos traditional way and during that time period a marriage certificate wasn't needed.

Well when the immigrated to the US, the provided some proof of marriage to immigrate together, right?