12.3.2009 - Finger Print Completed on
12.11.2009 - Status Updated to "Testing and Interview"
12.14.2009 - Interview Notice Received
1.22.2010 - Interview Date, Passed
2.3.2010 - Oath Completed
2.3.2010 - Passport Application
2.18.2010 - Passport Received

muffin1973
Did you apply your passport at the site of the oath ceremony? Did they tell you that you would be receiving it in 2 weeks?
I have to go to an international meeting in April. My ceremony is on March 3rd. I shouldn't be worried if it only takes about 2 weeks. But if it takes longer time, plus I have an issue of getting the visa, I will have to go the expedited way.
Thanks

Any N-400 Updates ?

Any recent updates on the N-400 timeline? I will apply next month and wanna learn how things are moving at the Houston DO.

Thanks.

Nobody has posted his/her Houston DO interview experience since Feb. Please post your recent experience if you have one. Thanks!

Anybody with recent Houston DO experience?

Anybody with recent houston DO interview experience? Please share if you have one!!!

Yesterday, I went for interview at Houston DO and it went very smooth. First, I droped off my interview letter in a box and then waited until they called my name. The first Officer took me to a small cubicle and he asked me the six questions.

1. What is rule of law?
2. What ocean is on the west cost of the USA?
3. National Anthem?
4. What event happened on Sep 11th?
5. How old a citizen has to be to vote?
6. --- Do not remember at the moment---

Then He asked me to read "How many senators do we have?" and after that dictated me to write " We have one hundred Senetors"

After answering correctly, I was sent back to waiting area. I waited for about 15 minutes and then was called in for formal interview. The interviewing Officer (a different Officer) was very nice and professional. She introduced herself, and placed me under oath. She went through my application. Asked me about my addresses where I had lived and worked. Asked me about my wife and I told her that she is scheduled next week for interview. She made me sign application and pictures. Since everything was in order, she told me that my application was being recommended for approval. She asked me to wait in the lobby for oath letter. I waited for 20 minutes and a lady came out and handed over bunch of oath letters (N-445) to diffrent people waiting in the lobby by calling their names. Oath is scheduled for Jul 21. The whole process took 1 hour.

Me and my wife took oath today. Reached MO Campbell Educational Center with kids around 6:45 AM. The booths were sorted based on the last 3 digits of your Alien #: 000-100, 101-200, and likewise. You give back your Green Card along with filled N455 and eyeball your Naturalization Certificate for discrepancies and give it back. Entering the seating arena the volunteers hand out booklets: Declaration of Independence & the US Constitution, Passport Application forms, Voter Registration forms, etc. The actual ceremony started at 10:00 AM; Boy Scouts parading the flags, the judicial proceedings, swearing the oath, pledge of allegiance to the US flag, national anthem, speech by guest speaker. Then people were called out (as per the color sheets they were given while entering) to pick-up their Naturalization Certificates. There were people waiting in lines to take picture with the judge and the guest speaker. Went straight from there to the US Post Office and submitted our Passport applications (Passport and Card, all for about 263 bucks each).

Thanks for all your inputs, there is a wealth of information on these forums. Thanks to all who share their knowledge and experience.

Thanks Houstonian :)

All went well today - similar to others' experiences... civics first, and then about 20 min interview. The IO commented on how well my package was put together, made his life a lot easier. I took tons of additional evidence (for marriage based case), but the docs I had included (house purchase, joint bank acct, joint auto insurance, copy of our DLs etc), was more than enough, he just wanted to see originals of marriage cert, hubby's birth certificate, passport. Very smooth and painless. Parking was the worst experience, very unfriendly lady on the gate, had to park in the overflow lot a block or so down. Oath letter took about 40 mins after the end of the interview. Unfortunately cut-off for this Wednesday was Friday, so I'm in the next one, which is October 21.

Good luck to y'all :)
Hi. I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if you could share what you presented for the purchase of the house. We got a big package and I'm not sure what should I scan specifically. Thank you.