N400 Hartford tracker.

1447 (b) in hartford

I have been waiting on my N-400 for 3 years due to name check. I'm ready to file 1447 (b). I was interviwed in NJ 6 months ago, just moved to hartford area would appreciate any information on filing in CT.
zzerous: did you get an attorney to file the law suit? would like to hear your experience.
thanks!
Wendi

Change in message

I tried to access my case number online and it gave this following message:

"The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center. It gave me the same message in the automated message system. "

From what I infer is, my IL is on the way. Does it also mean that my name check is complete as I hear from various threads that these days USCIS conducts interviews only after name check. Gurus please enlighten me.

Thanks a lot and good luck to everyone.

Maggiv,

My best guess would be what you said. Your IL is in its way to you. You are giving hope to all of us :rolleyes: . My priority date is 5/1 which is 10 days after yours and I am still waiting for my IL.

maggiv said:
I tried to access my case number online and it gave this following message:

"The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center. It gave me the same message in the automated message system. "

From what I infer is, my IL is on the way. Does it also mean that my name check is complete as I hear from various threads that these days USCIS conducts interviews only after name check. Gurus please enlighten me.

Thanks a lot and good luck to everyone.
Hi, maggiv,
Best wish!!! I saw your last post on 8/11 at this thread indicated that you called 1-800, the lady told you that be patient for your name check processing and ask you to wait another couple of week for result, right?
So, if you don't find you case online today, that's the good news. Sincerely hope you will have it soon!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My case status has also changed to this message:

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive interview letter in Hartford after status change?

Does anyone know where can I find detailed information regarding apparently new rule that USCIS is sending interview letters only after completing FBI name check?

Thanks

Sufi

wendi said:
I have been waiting on my N-400 for 3 years due to name check. I'm ready to file 1447 (b). I was interviwed in NJ 6 months ago, just moved to hartford area would appreciate any information on filing in CT.
zzerous: did you get an attorney to file the law suit? would like to hear your experience.
thanks!
Wendi

Wendi,

Do not wait a second, file your case immediately. 3 years, oh my god!! What are you doing to yourself? My threshold and tolerance for government nonsense is zero. I was preparing my law suite right after my interview when they told me Name Check Pending.

Yes I hired an excellent lawyer from Hartford; nothing will solve your case but a lawsuit.
I got naturalized today.

Let me know if I can help.

check your case updated date

Hello Everyone,

When you check your case status, it will show last update date. From that day within 3-5 days, you should receive the letter. Otherwise try calling and speak with IO

with regards

JP

Interview descheduled notice

Dear friends,

I received a notice today from VSC with the following message:

"This is to advise you that due to unforseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview on Tuesday 03, 2006 at 8.00AM for the above applicant. We regret any inconveniences this may cause.

We would advise you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under seperate notice."

This has a ND of Aug 22, 2006 and was postmarked Aug 25, 2006 and received today. I didn't even receive the interview notice schedule for the 3rd of Oct. My case status was updated on the only on the 24th of Aug. I have been hearing that after the case status disappears online, within 3 to 5 business days, I can expect the IL. So its not even 3-5 business days yetCorrelating these 2, my descheduled notice was generated and received even before my interview notice was generated and received. Please advise what my circumstances would be and this notice is an error. Anyone else in the same situation.

Thanks

Hi Maggiv,

Unfortunately I have received exactly the same letter except that my interview was scheduled to be at 12:30PM. I never received the interview letter either and my priority date is May 15, 2006.

Sufi

Sufian,

Really surprises me. Both have same day interview and have received the descheduled notice even before we got the IL.Does it tell you something. Gurus please help.

Maggiv,
My guess is that either Hartford office is swamped with cases and they had to reschedule some interviews or it could be because of FBI name check. Hope it is not the name check. You might have noticed that processing dates for N-400 for Hartford office has moved back from Feb 2006 to Dec 2005. Although I am not a strong believer in these processing dates but still this might have some impact. All I can say is good luck to both of us and hope we do not have to follow what zzerous had to.

maggiv said:
Dear friends,

I received a notice today from VSC with the following message:

"This is to advise you that due to unforseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview on Tuesday 03, 2006 at 8.00AM for the above applicant. We regret any inconveniences this may cause.

We would advise you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under seperate notice."

This has a ND of Aug 22, 2006 and was postmarked Aug 25, 2006 and received today. I didn't even receive the interview notice schedule for the 3rd of Oct. My case status was updated on the only on the 24th of Aug. I have been hearing that after the case status disappears online, within 3 to 5 business days, I can expect the IL. So its not even 3-5 business days yetCorrelating these 2, my descheduled notice was generated and received even before my interview notice was generated and received. Please advise what my circumstances would be and this notice is an error. Anyone else in the same situation.

Thanks

They did the same to me. I just hope they did not decide to cancel becuse your name check is pending. In my case they told me my A file has not been received by them...you can get an info pass and ask them, this is how I found out.

Maggiv,

Just want to find out if you tried calling USCIS or have any plans to make info pass appointment. I am not really sure how long should I wait before I start follow up with them. I guess, at least we should know why they have cancelled the interviews. The "unforeseen circumstances" does not tell anything.

Sufi

Sufian,
I really don't have plans of taking the infopass, but would be calling them sometime this week and shall post once I get any info from them. Also did you receive the actual IL? I haven't received till now.

Thanks

Sufian,
Today I spoke with one of the IO's and came to know that it was rescheduled on the 5th of Oct, 2006 at 12.30PM instead of the 3rd. He said I should get my notice soon. If I don't get it by next week, I can call them again. Just to let you know. Hopefully your would also be soon.

Thanks and good luck.

Hi Maggiv,
Thanks for the information and good luck with your interview. Hopefully, I will have the same situation. Did you call the customer service center number or Hartford office and how did you get hold of IO when you call the customer service number?

Sufi

maggiv said:
Sufian,
Today I spoke with one of the IO's and came to know that it was rescheduled on the 5th of Oct, 2006 at 12.30PM instead of the 3rd. He said I should get my notice soon. If I don't get it by next week, I can call them again. Just to let you know. Hopefully your would also be soon.

Thanks and good luck.
Hi, maggiv, good luck!
I saw above post that you spoke to one of the IO this morning regarding your case. Which function you use while making 1-800 call? Cause usually the phone system won't let you talk to the real person or wait 25-30 mints to cust svc rep, and if you enter your receipt#, the automatic syatem tells you the same answer as online. How to speak to an IO? Thanks!

Calling regarding your case

LKBECTZ said:
Hi, maggiv, good luck!
I saw above post that you spoke to one of the IO this morning regarding your case. Which function you use while making 1-800 call? Cause usually the phone system won't let you talk to the real person or wait 25-30 mints to cust svc rep, and if you enter your receipt#, the automatic syatem tells you the same answer as online. How to speak to an IO? Thanks!

Hi friends,
Thanks a lot. Call the 1-800 number, press the following in order 1/2/6/1. After that enter your receipt number and once it gives you the status press 3 and 1 to talk to a customer service rep. She would ask you various questions, answer those and finally ask her to transfer to an IO. Have a convincing story like travelling for a long period of time and wish not to miss interview appointment. Or else in case of me, I just told her about my senario of descheduled notice. She was happy to transfer me and I had to wait for 25 mins to talk with them. I think thats a standard time frame to talk to an IO.

Hope it helps you.
Good luck to everyone.

Received interview letter today

Hi,
Finally I received my IL today for OCt 5, 2006 at 12.30PM.

Good luck to everyone.