N400 - fbi name check ?

Nope. It is to check if your name matches with the name of any person that they do not want in the country..

Originally posted by ak500
What is FBI name check ? FBI checks to verifiy my name ?

ak500,

I could not help but laugh when I look at this post.. Sorry... FBI does not care about your name. :D

Like mgh2001 said, they just run it thru many databases to check if your name matches that of a criminal/terrorist etc. All combinations of ur name, DOB, place of birth etc are used I believe

USCIS is contradicting itself!

My congressmans office today contacted the Main Office (not VSC), but the office that has jurisdiction over the local DO.

They informed him that my name check was completed and returned in OCTOBER! What?????????????? And that there
were other checks pending (security)... This blows my mind

VSC says = Name check pending , I have a common name
DO says = Waiting on VSC
Main office = Name check done back in October!

Imagine that! These folks are giving the Congress the runaround!

:confused:Does anyone know what the "other" security checks are, apart from name and fingerprinting?

Does anyone know what the "other" security checks are, apart from name and fingerprinting?

Did you read another posting which says security cehck from your home country. Is that true?

I very seriously doubt if India and the US have a information sharing procedure in place ...... Did the other post not mention about the "home country" being in Europe?... Is that the "other" secy check ?

Given my experience with the INS, I think its one of the two possibilities

First : Likely
The person mistook my FP for name check as that was what was completed in Oct. The Name check req was sent out in Oct. The name check status is viewed from a seperate screen not the main one, and most of the time they just see the main screen and are satisfied with it.

Next: Unlikely
Everyone but the this officer is wrong. All were interpreting the name check wrong while it was indeed completed in October.

So damn crazy. Why is everyone so INCOMPETENT at this agency? Is this a philosophical question or am I experiencing a string of band luck?