N400, drinking and driving, traffic ticket and citycode violation

Pwen

Dear fellow members,
My citizenship interview is coming up in less than a month. I wanted to ask yall to evaluate my situation.

Here is what I have disclosed in my n400
2012, underage drinking and driving in California,citation, settled in traffic court, infraction, bac under 0.08. Was 20yrs old. Paid 100$ fine and 380$ court fee, completed 3-month school. No probation or jail. No arrest. Have court dispostion, receipt of payment, original citation and certificate of completion of educational program.

2014: unsafe speed ticket, was driving 25 in a 45 zone, but the 45 zone was under construction so the speed limit was down to 15. Case was dismissed. I have proof of the dismissal, do not have original ticket.

Also in 2014: I thought it was fine to do a small( and I mean small) firework in my yard on July 3rd, for July 4th. Turns out it was not okay, so, ignoring all the BIG fireworks going on all around, officer gave me a citation for 250$, violation of city ordinance. Paid fine at city hall. The ticket they used also have categories for having dead vegetation, unlawful parking and what nots, so I guess this is on the same level of severity. I have original receipt and ticket for the payment and citation.

Other than that, no records, unless I forgot I did something bad, but since neither me and my family remembers it, I'll assume that's all I have. If fbi do not send mistake criminal info and tie me up with some big times this is all I will be with during interview.

So, what do y'all think?

P.S: have 4 recommendation letters from college professors, coworker and supervisor. They said pretty nice things. If it means anything.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I passed my interview and did my oath today, so now I am a USC.

I hope to shed some light on how these issues worked out, if it may help fellow forum members.
Firework ticket - I showed the interviewer original ticket, and he joked about it, saying it is strange that they give ticket for lighting firework on july 3rd. No problem here.

Dismissed traffic ticket - showed him the dismissal order, no further questions asked

Underage Drinking and Driving - I have court disposition, class completion and original ticket, he went through it, went to check with supervisor, came back with a notice for oath ceremony. It was that simple.

So yea, DUI should not be a big problem, if it is only one, and fairly distant in the 5 yr period. ( mine was 4 years ago), provide proper documentation and no aggravating factors, I think.

and ordinance violations will get jokes and nothing else, traffic ticket will get dismissal.

Good luck to yall. My journey ends here and I pass the torch to yall.

Congratulations, I am on the same boat as you were and interview is in 30 days, not sure how its going to go.
Do you think the letters of recommendation helped out?