N400 Chicago NSC

I rcvd. oath letter in just 5 days on 17th March!

But, looks like Marc 30, 31 dates are already full for Oath.

I see that Bilent and CD were scheduled on 23 and 24. There interviews were 10 to 20 days earlier than me. So, basically
23, 24 sessions were becoming full. Then the only sessions
left in March were 30 and 31 and there must be people who were
interviwed in those 10 to 20 days who would be scheduled on 30,31!

Hi Everyone,
March 24 was a fine day... besides rain and very bad traffic.
Eventhough, I was supposed to get to the District court by 8:00 AM, I was late. By the time I was done parking and get to the room 2525, it was 8:30 AM. There was a big line. An officer came out and checked our letter with the GC. Then he asked for all the applicants to stay on the left and the relatives to be on the right. Then we followed him in the court house. He gave us a booklet which had all the information e.g. Oath of Allegiance, passport info and all. THe judge came and officer filed the motion for all of us to be granted citizenship via naturalization process. Ofocurse, the motion was granted and after a short speech, We took the Oath and pledge to the Flag. Then they came out row by row and gave us our certificate and took our GC back. Ofcourse the voters registration guys were outside the room waiting for us.

Well, my journey to US citizenship is over but that does not mean that dealing with INS is over. Now I will apply for my dad ASAP.
Also to all of you that I have known over the past few months, thanks for all the advice you have given me and I hope that we stay in touch. I will definitely be checking this forum from time to time.
CD

ChicagoDoc,
Congratulation to you on passing the interview. Hopefully, you dont have to wait for too long to get your oath letter. It is taking anywhere from 1-4 weeks to get it and then they schedule it in around 2-3 weeks.
Hang on tight, it is almost over.
CD

Passport

I had applied the next day after oath, March 24th for my passport. I chose to go with Expedited (a little more expensive). They ask you to give the naturalization certificate to process the passport applicatoin. Today I got my passport and my certificate back. Officially I am done with USCIS but the story continues with my wife's green card application, which we submitted last Monday. Let's see how it will go.

I was interviewed on March 24, everything went well. Anxiously waiting my oath letter.

Chicagodesi, if you still hang around here...please tell how many days it took to get your letter after interview.

I am already 9 days and most of the ppl. here received in a week, making me little nervous !!!!

hehehehe