N400 Chicago NSC

Chicagodpc,

My interview is March 12 not Feb 6.

I think RSV's interview is today.

SamP

Please see my experience posted under the thread "Chicago Citizenship Interview Questions". Everything went well. Good luck to everyone - CHicagodesi, Chicagodoc, Bilent, SamP, etc.

Thanks.

RSV

Just passed the interview

Folks,

I had my interview this morning in Chicago. It was scheduled at 7:45am, I was at the door (539 S LaSalle) at 7:15 but they opened the doors at 7:25. I was the first one to be called in at 7:50. The interview took 10 minutes, I was asked 6 questions from the standard 96 question list. I wrote down a very simple sentence. Interview went smooth. I had indicated on my form that I was cited for two traffic tickets, one speeding, one other moving violation. (I had checked yes on question 16). The officer asked if I had been arrested before and why I answered that question yes. I said that I had never been arrested before and said they were minor traffic violations. She asked if any were DUI and I said no. She did not even ask for the court dispositions but I gave them to her to include with my application, just in case. She said fine. I also gave her the paperwork I got from the Circuit Court showing that I was never arrested before. She took that too. But it looked like she was not even interested in them since none of them were DUI.

Finally she gave me the "Congratulations!" paper and said I will get a letter in the mail for the oath ceremony. She said 30-90 days. I looked up on the upcoming ceremonies, and there are a lot in March, so hopefully it will be soon.

Will let you know once I get the letter. Good luck to all.

Bilent,
Congrats on your achievement. Please keep us posted when you get your oath letter. You and me are almost on the same boat.
In the meantime, party hard my freind....you deserve it.
CD

Chicagodesi

Thanks - I hope that we get the letter soon. My wife is on H-1B and we have waited until I get my citizenship to apply for a green card for her. It is almost over.

Bilent, RSV, CD,

I see so many Oath sessions for March. Also, we know from
Srimom's posting that Jan 04 Oaths were happening in late Jan 04.

So, hopefully there are no backlogs for Oath cases where
"securuty checks" are not pending! My feeling is that most
likely you all will get oath letters in a week or so :)

I better prepare for my interview now!

SamP

Chicagodoc,

Still waiting for the oath letter but it has only been 3 days since my interview. Willl let you know.

Chicagodoc, Chicagodesi,

Do you know from your friends how much
time it took for them to get oath letters in Chicago?

Everyone is saying that usually 2-3 weeks after the interview, you get the letter and it is usually scheduled 3 weeks after.
CD

Oath Letter

My wife and I received our oath letters today. It is scheduled for March 9, 2004. They asked to bring GC, any reentry permits, etc.
Thanks.

RSV,

Great! Many thanks for posting.
This gives us some idea of when to expect oath letters
in Chicago area.

SamP

You're welcome.

BTW, Anyone know how long the oath ceremony typically lasts? Please advise. Thanks.

RSV,

Based on my knowledge.. it takes approx. 1 hour!

In Chicago Oaths are at 9 am and 1 pm...
what time is yours?

RSV,
Congrats.
I should be recieving the letter soon.
I checked with my brother about this and he said that whole process, going in and out is approx 2.5 - 3 hours. Ofcourse, it all depends on the number of candidates swearing in. The longest time it takes is to distribute the package to the appropriate individual. Then all the friends have to go through the security process as well.
I hope that answers your question.
CD

Thank you to SamP and CD for the answers. My appt letter says we need to show up at 12 Noon. Therefore, I guess it is the 1 PM ceremony. Based on your info, CD, it looks like I better take the whole afternoon off from work!

It looks like I got my oath letter 2 weeks after the interview and my oath ceremony is 3 weeks after my interview - not bad.

Good luck to everyone. You all should be receiving your letters soon. Thanks.