N-652 Decision can't be made....what's next?

Hi WBH,
I see your wait for the Oath Letter after the interview was less than a month.Now, Can you tell us why they said (decision can not be made)
after the interview and where did you have your interview done?

Last edited by a moderator:
Look 13 is the number of follow up letters that i sent to USCIS since i got N-652 A decision cannot yet be made after my interview on 02/25/2010. Guess what none of those letters were replied. I made an Inforpass and i was told just to be patient.

So you sent 13 letters to CIS in the 43-44 days your case was pending decision. If I eliminate the weekends, that comes to 30-32 business days. Giving some time for postal and processing delay, and basically you are making them process 1 letter every other day. Plus the INFOPASS.

Unless I read it wrong, just WOW!!!

WOW 13 letters. Well I haven't sent them any yet, all I know is that they are doing some back ground checks. On Monday I can make a service request- what ever that means. Hopefully you hear something soon.

I took an infopass on 23-Apr when I complete 121 days after interview, I will request that they provide me some status, if not I will tell them I am filing 1447b and will file it within a week. Its of no use waiting forever when this is an option given by them. Its disgusting that I will have to spend around $5000 (lawyer and court fees) in total for both of us, but have no other option. They never even told me what is the reason for the delay which is more disgusting.

Waiting for oath letter

I took an infopass on 23-Apr when I complete 121 days after interview, I will request that they provide me some status, if not I will tell them I am filing 1447b and will file it within a week. Its of no use waiting forever when this is an option given by them. Its disgusting that I will have to spend around $5000 (lawyer and court fees) in total for both of us, but have no other option. They never even told me what is the reason for the delay which is more disgusting.

________

Hello Gcdetails

My case is same like your i am in san francisco, they are saying that the are doing additional review on my case,,,

also interview office request some infomation same day as my interview from another agency

question from you

when you and your wife done interview officer have your A FILE OR T FILE ? May be they are waiting for A FILE and green card file from other office before they send you oath date ADVISE ME IF THEY HAVE A FILE OR NOT WHEN YOU DONE INTERVIEW ?__________________________________________________________________________

My case is same like your i am in san francisco, they are saying that the are doing additional review on my case,,,

also interview office request some infomation same day as my interview from another agency

question from you

when you and your wife done interview officer have your A FILE OR T FILE ? May be they are waiting for A FILE and green card file from other office before they send you oath date ADVISE ME IF THEY HAVE A FILE OR NOT WHEN YOU DONE INTERVIEW ?

For me, I specifically asked if they have the file and they said they have the file but they have requested some information on the same day from the other agency and its pending since then. They did review the file on 20th Mar but no +ve updates. How many days have passed for you after interview?

. Its disgusting that I will have to spend around $5000 (lawyer and court fees) in total for both of us, but have no other option..
Have you looked into filing 1447(b) yourself instead of using lawyer? Many have done so successfully and saved money in the process.

N 400 pending oath///// decision

For me, I specifically asked if they have the file and they said they have the file but they have requested some information on the same day from the other agency and its pending since then. They did review the file on 20th Mar but no +ve updates. How many days have passed for you after interview?

Same thing here, They told me over the phone that the request some infomation on the same day when i was interview and its pending, My interview was on 27th of jan 2010.

Did you remember if they have your a file on the table when you done interview? office have thick or thin file ?

I Think they are waiting for all file since you came here in us they wait to review it before they send you oath.

when i was interview i was passed office told me i am passed and he gave me decision cant be made yet , he told me that he have to review the case and then send me decision in the mail.

i think they are waiting for file from other location. i talk to lawyer he told me same thing that they are waiting for file to review it that s why they are saying additional review and when we call 800# they say they are waiting for some thing from other agency. that is why they are saying pending back ground check,

it will take some time to locate files and send to the office where you interview, Now think if they have thin or thick file on the table when you done interview, what about your wife did they all files .

My and your case are similer.Keep me posted any update i will keep you posed.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confuse

Yes, they said on infopass also they have the file and I could see a big file for myself as I have 11 years of history in US(F1>h1>GC>N400). For my wife also, its the same but there is no way to find whats happening. AS I said, we got a response from Congress man's office that they are doing extensive review.

Bobsmyth, I just want to make sure that I don't do any mistakes and I will be very attentive even if I go with the lawyer and will take the lawyer if they ask me to go for a 2nd interview.

Yes, they said on infopass also they have the file and I could see a big file for myself as I have 11 years of history in US(F1>h1>GC>N400). For my wife also, its the same but there is no way to find whats happening. AS I said, we got a response from Congress man's office that they are doing extensive review.

Bobsmyth, I just want to make sure that I don't do any mistakes and I will be very attentive even if I go with the lawyer and will take the lawyer if they ask me to go for a 2nd interview.

you advised that they review the file on the march 20th how you know they review the file did you call 800 # ?

dealy in N 400 DECISION ?

as you advise on march 20 th they review the file how you know did you call 800 # ?

Delay in descision

as you advise on march 20 th they review the file how you know did you call 800 # ?

They may be missing some paper work from the file like I 485 PAPER, BY LAW BEFORE THEY APROVE YOU CASE ALL PAPER WORK NEED TO BE IN 1 FILE THEN THEY SEND OATH. I AM JUST GUESSING I AM IN SAME BOAT LIKE YOU, I CALM THEM THEY SAID THEY ARE WAITING FOR INFOMATION THEY REQUEST SAME DAY AS MY INTERVIEW , ALSO CONGRESSMAN THEY ARE DOING ADDITIONAL REVIEW ON MY CASE. I WAS KID WHEN I WAS CAME HERE MY FATHER APPLIED FOR US . THEN WE APPLIED GREEN CARD THROUGH ASYLUM , I AM BENEFISHERY . I HOPE WE WILL GET OATH SOON. I DONT HAVE ANY TRAFFIC TICKET CLEAN RECORD . I DONT KNOW WHERE IS DELAY , THEY TOLD MY MY NAME CHECK IS CLEARED . MY INTERVIEW WAS IN SFO IN JAN

well today makes 91 days since my interview. I spoke with a pleasant gentleman who took a service request on my behalf. He basically told me that I should receive a response within 30-35 days and if my D O doesn't respond then to call them back and they should be able to look into it. Has anyone had a service request done before? If so was it useful?

In all honesty, a service request is a useless waste of resources. I filed a service request when my N-400 was taking an unusually long time to process (then again, that was the case with everyone 2 years ago). I received a canned response, stating that my application was placed in queue and an interview will be scheduled as soon as a slot becomes available. Then again, it could come in handy when filing 1447(b). Although not necessary, it'll help demonstrate that you've tried other ways to resolve the delay before resorting to a lawsuit.

No oath as of yet

I agree. It seems you can expedite it ONLY if you file 1447b.

Hello Gcdetails
i also called 800 # ask for 2nd level and talk to the office she told me that they request my A File and they did recived it on feb 28th , Now she said its pending supervisor review. Did you got any updates on our case,

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: