N-445 question

Soul_fh

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

We had this discussion previously on a different thread, and guess what, a friend who has to attend a oath ceremony on Thursday has actually made a mistake filling out her N-445 form, the oath invitation letter. (She filled it out with a blue pen! when it states to use a black pen.)

What should I advice her to do. Should she download a new one online (it's available online) and take it with her, or will they give her a blank one at the ceremony.

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal, they might just cross it out and ask her to fill it out again (this was done at my oath) or use white out perhaps.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, Guru's.

Thanks

IMO,
Its no big deal. Let her go to oath as is. If she is too paranoid, then maybe she can download another 445 and take it with her

Hi Soul_fh

I agree with Rahul.

At my Oath, if you made a mistake, they let you cross it out and correct it. So I don't think she will need a new N-445, but it doesn't hurt to take one with you and ask the officer.

When she goes for her Oath, the officer will most likely ask if there are any questions - she can always walk up and consult with him/her.

Ratrat

Thanks

Thanks guys,

You guys have been very helpful on this forumn. It's not an offence to take the downloaded form is? I doubt it since it's available online.

Rahul Kumar said:
ratrat,

What visa have you taken to goto India?

I haven't gone yet but I am planning to get 5/10 Year Multiple Entry. I am not sure I want to worry about a PIO right now, waiting to see what happens with the Dual CZ.

Soul_fh said:
Thanks guys,

You guys have been very helpful on this forumn. It's not an offence to take the downloaded form is? I doubt it since it's available online.

I don't think it would be an offense. At the worst case, the officer will just tell her she cannot use the downloaded one and just correct the original one.

Ratrat

Thanks

Thanks to all who answered my question, my friend's oath went smootly and the color of the ink was not even an issue, just unnecessary worry on her part. Her oath was actually today, and she was sworn in as a new Citizen in Atlanta this morning.

Good luck guys