N-400 @ VSC THE ANSWER to all the questions!

LegalAlien99

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends!

Here is the answer to my VSC issues and no receipt notice!

Even though I included a copy of my green card, and wrote my A number VERY clearly on the check, they captured the WRONG A number!!! I checked the copy of my N-400 and I put down the right A number.

Well, using my receipt number, USCIS told me that when they pull that up, it shows a data entry error regarding my A number. What they did is:

My correct A number starts with XX6. Vermont had entered XX2! That made me all of the sudden Chinese.

Anyway, they do have everything in the system: my entire immigrant history, my N-400, my current address etc. etc. Just a typo in the A number.

The customer guy said I should not worry and wait for my biometrics appointment and have it corrected there. He said he was not authorized to do it. Key was, he said, to have that corrected when they capture my fingerprints to avoid BIG problems when they run the prints & background check.

I am just wondering: I did not get a receipt notice, the file is in the system though. Should I hang tight for however long and wait, or are there other options you would recommend?

Best,
Nico

wrong A#

Hi Nico, I had similar situation I put the wrong A# in my application,I called the 1800 number and I talked to the officer he asked for my right and wrong A# and he confirm it they have the right A #, try talk to the officer they are authorize to fix this,because mine they fix it by looking at the GC( Common Sense)which is very rare. anyways you can still fix it a FP appointment .
Good Luck

jattindc1 said:
Hi Nico, I had similar situation I put the wrong A# in my application,I called the 1800 number and I talked to the officer he asked for my right and wrong A# and he confirm it they have the right A #, try talk to the officer they are authorize to fix this,because mine they fix it by looking at the GC( Common Sense)which is very rare. anyways you can still fix it a FP appointment .
Good Luck

Thanks a bunch. I am just worried that due to the fact that my receipt number on the check pulls up a wrong A number, a fingerprint appointment notice will never make it to me. Much like the official receipt notice I never received.

I will call them again tomorrow. Funny, everytime I call, they have a different answer LOL.

I assume you used the 1800 automated system. Which menu option did you pick? Today, I talked the person you get when you selected "application sent 30 days ago...". He was the one who said he wasn't authorized to fix it.

When did you notice that you had written the wrong A number on the N-400?

Thanks for your help!!!

Cheers,
Nico

I pick up the option of 30 days no answer and infact I did not had my receipt # and it was automatically got transfered to the officer and he gave me the receipt # also and told me you can not check the status since it's not in the system yet.

When did you notice that you had written the wrong A number on the N-400?

I noticed when my cheque was cleared from the bank,and my check was cleared with in 8 days of mailing the application
Good luck

Thanks! Oh, I did not put down the wrong A number anywhere. The wrong A number is now USCIS' story. THey told me yesterday that VSC had entered a wrong A number when they data entered my file. I will call them again to day and see what I can accomplish.

Best,
Nico

Nico, I'm not qualified to answer your question. But I can tell what I would do if I were you. I wouldn't wait and see what happens, but would rather call and see if I can get the data changed and corrected, asap. Especially since there's at least another person has done it above, as he/she has indicated above.

aashn said:
Nico, I'm not qualified to answer your question. But I can tell what I would do if I were you. I wouldn't wait and see what happens, but would rather call and see if I can get the data changed and corrected, asap. Especially since there's at least another person has done it above, as he/she has indicated above.

Thanks for your feedback. I took care of exactly that this morning. Best USCIS phone experience ever:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=203929

Best,
Nico

I also had the best experience this time in the whole process in last 11 yrs.
Good work.
God bless America

jattindc1 said:
I also had the best experience this time in the whole process in last 11 yrs.
Good work.
God bless America

Yeah, this was the first time calling the 1.800 number was actually helpful. The officer was awesome. With everything taken care of now (hopefully), I guess I will receive my FP letter before the receipt notice ;-).

Take care!
Nico