N 400 still waiting

solmar

My husband and I filled for citizenship on January 25 /2010. My husband became a citizen on June 25/2010. I never changed my last name, then we have different last names. It has been almost six months since my Fingerprints and I didn't get any letter for the interview. I went to Infopass twice without any specific answer about my file. Can somebody advise me on this?
Thanks!

Hi Solmar,

Anything new since your last posting?
I did my FP on 5/19 and still have not received the IL... it has been around 102 days.

I called the 800# and the rep checked the providence local office and told me that it shows they are processing N-400
applications filed 31st Jan 2010... is this for real or just something to keep me waiting some more?

I called the 800# and the rep checked the providence local office and told me that it shows they are processing N-400
applications filed 31st Jan 2010... is this for real or just something to keep me waiting some more?

Just make an info pass, and tore a new one on USCIS. Just be there and give them your piece of mind, I know what I am talking about, I once tore an Immigration Officer into action instead of normal mumbo jumbo crap. I remember the entire waiting room sitting on needles and pins, because how dare do you talk to USCIS people like I was doing? However, it got me results and never had to set foot at USCIS building in 3 years...

Dear Al Southner,

I just wanted to know how exactly you have torn the officer?
I did my interview and my 120 days will expire next week. Two weeks ago I did an Infopass and apparently no one has touched my file since my interview. I just want your advice as I will be visiting them one day after the expiration of the 120 days, just in case I do not get a reply for my decision.

Many thanks, lost123

Dear Al Southner,

I just wanted to know how exactly you have torn the officer?
I did my interview and my 120 days will expire next week. Two weeks ago I did an Infopass and apparently no one has touched my file since my interview. I just want your advice as I will be visiting them one day after the expiration of the 120 days, just in case I do not get a reply for my decision.

Many thanks, lost123

Tore a new one, it means you just went off. It means that you became irate and told USCIS your feelings were regarding their sloppiness associated with your case. I told the officer, I am mad as hell and I can't take it many more, I need a resolution to this matter now. You can't be put in a position where your case is ignore and USCIS isn't making a decision.

Infopass and document everything. You might want to contact your congressmen. It's election time and they should be happy to help you. Follow up with USCIS and visit them with Infopass.

I had a lot of trouble with them and I still think that if I had not done my USCIS, if I had not contacted my local congressmen, and if I had not file my WOM, I would be waiting. They went as far as scheduling me for my interview and call me to cancel the day before. I went crazy. I went there and they tried that day to say they didn't have the file. I told them they do have my file. Stand your ground and get that citizenship.

Good Luck

Dear Al Southner and Cregan,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have been documenting everything and keeping copies of the Infopass appointments. I will go one day after the 120 day and hopefully get something done.
Thanks again!

I called the 800# and got escalated to 2nd level IO after many previously failed attempts. It seems that I was scheduled to be interviewed in June and the letter went out in late may but never got to me. The officer put in a note that I never got the letter and hopefully they will re--schedule me.
Now what good is that 1st level officer if he cannot get a status on the case!? and kept telling to wait and wait and wait... had I been able to speak to a 2nd level IO since i started calling the 800 in June, I would've probably made the appointment. Oh well... anyone knows if they will reschedule me based on the actions the officer took?(he gave me a reference number an SR I think?) or need I take additional action?

Hi fondo,

I would follow up with a visit to the local office and send them a letter requesting a reschedule and you explain your situation in the letter, and refer to the reference given by the second level officer. Take two copies of the letter and hand over to the officer and request them to sign in your copy that they have received it. Send your letter to attention to the Section Chief of Naturalization.

Good luck!