N-400 Part10 #28 Question HELP!

charch

Registered Users (C)
N-400 Part10 #28 Question: Have you ever applied for any kind of relief from removal, exclusion or deportation? I put "no". Do you think I will have any problem with the citizenship interview? I was still an L-1 status when I applied for asylum back in 1998. Please advise! Thanks!

The answer is simple, were you ever put into proceedings while you were on L-1 or waiting to get approved on your asylum case, if the answer is yes do not sweat, you will have another opportunity to fix this on your N-400 interview and take your paper work pertaining to the proceedings on your interview.

The answer is simple, were you ever put into proceedings while you were on L-1 or waiting to get approved on your asylum case, if the answer is yes do not sweat, you will have another opportunity to fix this on your N-400 interview and take your paper work pertaining to the proceedings on your interview.

Thank you for your responds! But I have the question is : I had a L-1 status when I applied for asylum in 1998. I was not out of status, so I should answer "Yes" on the #28: Have you ever applied for any kind of relief from removal, exclusion or deportation? ---- am so confuse for this question. Can you give me explanation about this? thanks!!

Your answer should be NO since you were not ordered to be removed, excluded or deported. If you were ordered so and you applied for a relief, then you would answer YES.