N-400 Minneapolis

MNDESHI

Registered Users (C)
I went to my naturalization interview in July, does anyone know how long it takes to get the oath letter from the date of the interview.

Does the letter comes from the local office in Bloomington? or Nebraska Serv. Center?
Do anyone have experience regarding oath ceremony in MN. Please share your experience. Thanks!!

Mndeshi,

Please post your timeline.

Oath letters come from your local office.
I think it generarrly takes 4/5 weeks if they
gave you a letter saying "...your case has been sent for
approval...".

BTW, when did your "online case status" disappear?

Thanks!

Minneapolis N-400 timeline

PD:NOVEMBER 21
FP:JAN 28
INTERVIEW: JULY 28
OATH:??

About one month before the interview, case status was disappeared. Sorry don't remember the exact date.

My Interview was about ten minutes. The officer was extremely courteous. She told me I passed the exam and they will approve the case. She did not give me any letter.
Are they supposed to give me a letter saying "approved". I am kind of worried now.

Any one please share your experience.

MNDeshi,

Thanks for sharing your timeline.

I am not sure if you get the copy of this letter/document.

But, based on some other postings... if that document
says "your case is sent for approval" or if the officer
said you passed and case will be approved then that
means you should receive oath letter pretty soon.

In some of the postings I have seen, some people were
told something like..."a decision can not be made at this time"!
In this type of case it seems it is taking longer to get the
oath letter.

-------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer!

MNDESHI

hey Buddy... welcome to the OATH waiting Group...

I had myinterview in July as well in NY and still waiting for oath.

After i passed my interview i was GIVEN result sheet of my interview, stating, Congratulations!!! ur application for naturalization is recommended for approval.

and thats the natural process , everyone gets that result sheet its called form N-652, if u pass or fail examiner states the case status pass/fail on this sheet and its given to the every applicant.

I dont know why u dont have yours, i would say check all ur papers maybe u have put it somewhere thinking its one of ur documents paper.

and for result *** The decision cant not be made at this time ***

Applicants with these results seem much faster to get their oath letter in mail,,, with in two or three weeks...

I know two of my friends who went for interview after me got result saying decision cant not be made, and got oath letter in mail before me in three weeks and another friend with same results got his oath in 12 days after interview... and thats in same local office.

The only thing i have is a name Change in application so i dont know how long that would take. but i have been told to wait for atleast 8 months for oath. now thats redicoulus.

but no choice....

MNDESHI... did u have name change in applicaion????

plz post..
Thans.
Shaky...

Name change

Yes, I did request a name change

Good news is that I have received my oath letter for Sept 24th.

However, my name is not changed on the letter. Do you anyone know whether they will change it in the actual naturalization certificate?
anybody with name change experience please post.

Everyone good luck, I will keep you updated, Thanks!!

Shaky:
Buddy, I think you will receive your letter pretty soon. I think you had your interview in July too right?

If not this week, you will probably recieve it next week. Good luck!! keep us updated. Thanks a lot everyone for you responds, it was helpful.