N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

Hello YetToGetPR,

Your PD (Priority Date) is 10/23/2007 and i assume that this is the date your application was received. And your ID (Interview Date) is 9/24/2008.... Did you get a letter in mail confirming your Interview....

Thanks,

Hello YetToGetPR,

When did you get yout interview letter.... I have my PD as 12/18/2007. Not received any Letter yet. Although my initial letter said that i would get a response in 212 days. The USCIS website says that they are still processing March 2007.

Thanks,

Hartford, CT has one of the longest processing time

On August 11, 2008, USCIS came out with a new targeted processing time for N-400.

"USCIS Updates Projected Naturalization Processing Times
August 11, 2008 - USCIS now anticipates naturalization application processing will average 10-12 months nationally by the end of September 2008 – a substantial improvement from its estimated average processing time of 16-18 months first announced last year."

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=acffaca797e63110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

It is such a disappointment to see Hartford, CT District Offices as having the 2nd longest projected processing time i.e. at 14.3 months (2nd only to Charlotte, NC at 14.9 months). Most places has an average of 5 months. And this is a projected processing times by September 2008. Even NY, NY is only 10 months.

Hello all,

My Citizenship interview got cancelled.

I got a call from INS just two days before of my Interview and they told that my Interview got cancelled and they will inform Interview date.

Any body had same experiance??? ..Please let me know

I am from India and Here are My N 400 Details.

Received Date July 26, 2007
Priority Date July 26, 2007
Notice date Sept 17, 2007
Check Cleared Aug 08, 2007
Finger Print OCT 05, 2007
Interview Date suppose to be Aug 05, 2008 but it got cancelled.

Please let me know what is the next step to proceed.

Thanks
Namita

Is there anyone who lives in east hartford,CT.I will move there in OCT.Just like to know Boston and hartford,which is the higher cost of living city.
Thanks.

Thanks a lot for your useful information.
I am going to move to east hartford.Do you also live in east hartford?
I just want to learn more of the city and all kinds of related things.
Thanks again.

Hello all,

My Citizenship interview got cancelled.

I got a call from INS just two days before of my Interview and they told that my Interview got cancelled and they will inform Interview date.

Any body had same experiance??? ..Please let me know

Thanks
Namita

Not only is Hartford DO one of the slowest DO offices listed by USCIS, now it is cancelling/rescheduling Interviews? What gives? Are we people in CT chopped liver compared to other states????

Better place to live?

I will be moving to Hartford next month.Do you guys know which area is the best for safe and convienent:Downtown ,Avon,Windsor and Manchester?I will live at Residence Inn Marriott for one of these locations for 30 days.
Thanks in advance.

I would not live in the downtown if I were you. Windsor's good if you want a good suburb and has a lot of desi families (and hence restaurants/groceries etc). Depends on how long you are willing to drive.

Hello Lisa88,

If you are planning on buying a house and are married and have kids then i think you will need to do research on good schools.... South Windsor and Glastonbury will probably be better in that category.

If you plan on Renting Apartment then there is Manchater.... I stay in Manchester and it is very safe and nice place to live with all Malls and shopping complex within a miles reach (Sams/Walmart/BJ and Buckland Mall).

Stay out of Hartford and East Hartford.

GoodLuck,

just sent in the N-400

looks like I am gonna be waiting for another year. We CT people have the worst luck. Get the slowest service center for GC and then the slowest DO in the country for citizenship :( .That said, I have heard from some sources that there have been cases of approval within 3 months for some people. Is there any validity to this..?

NO UPDATES FROM USCIS TILL NOW.....

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.....GUIDE ME FRIENDS.......

HERE IS MY DETAILS

Thanks
Namita

I know this is frustrating. Most of the IL letters are received between the 15 - 21st of the month. Hopefully you'll get it soon

NO UPDATES FROM USCIS TILL NOW.....

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.....GUIDE ME FRIENDS.......

HERE IS MY DETAILS

Thanks
Namita

Manita - go for an infopass and talk to an IO. If you are not satisfied with IO's explanation, ask to speak to a supervisor. If still not satisfied, file a complaint with USCIS ombudsman.