N-400 filed from TSC(residing in central FL)

trxw99

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I applied to TSC

PD:8/24/06
FP:9/15/06
Interview:???

So far I have not heard from USCIS at all.
When does the case move from TSC to the District office?
I do not see the N-400 case status on their TSC processing times website.
But I see that Orlando, FL field office is processing cases dated 9/12/06.

Not sure, what's going on? Any help on how to proceed is greatly appreciated. It's 8 months already. Anyone in the same boat.

I also applied to TSC and I live will under Orlando DO.

PD : 02/21/07
FP : 03/28/07

So far no interview letter. Another friend from Orlando applied in Nov-06 and he got his interview done last week. If you filed in Aug-06 then your case must be stuck somewhere.

How do you know the Orlando field office is processing 9/12/06 cases ??? Is there any place to check it.

Thanks

So far no interview letter. Another friend from Orlando applied in Nov-06 and he got his interview done last week. If you filed in Aug-06 then your case must be stuck somewhere.

How do you know the Orlando field office is processing 9/12/06 cases ??? Is there any place to check it.

Thanks

If it is stuck somewhere, is there a way someone can help?
Esp. the congressman and/or senator of my district?

You can check the USCIS website processing times link and
choose the Orlando, FL field office
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

Infopass:

http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php

You schedule a date/time and explain your case progress to the immigration officer and ask them why there is a long delay.

Good place for list of questions to ask scroll half way down and look for a post by "dckaraja" with a bunch of questions.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=117422&page=97

For more information about the namecheck process and what you should/can do, look through the thread (it's a Sticky) called "My Namecheck Experience."
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848

It's huge, but has a ton of information and experiences.

Infopass:

http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php

You schedule a date/time and explain your case progress to the immigration officer and ask them why there is a long delay.

Good place for list of questions to ask scroll half way down and look for a post by "dckaraja" with a bunch of questions.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=117422&page=97

For more information about the namecheck process and what you should/can do, look through the thread (it's a Sticky) called "My Namecheck Experience."
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848

It's huge, but has a ton of information and experiences.

Great! Thanks for your prompt response. :)

Thanks

Hello Chunu123, have you find any updates in your case? I have also applied for Naturalization and my dates are as follows:
PD: 04/25/2007
FP: 05/19/2007

Please let me know if you have any updates in your case?

Received my interview letter

Finally, I received the IL
Interview is on 8/7/07 at Orlando, DO.
Hope everything goes fine.

Thanks

SR25

Sorry I am checking the forum after long time. I have not received anything regarding the interview yet.

Are you able to view your case status on the online status check website. Mine is not coming up so I have to depend on letter only.

Case Online

SR25

Sorry I am checking the forum after long time. I have not received anything regarding the interview yet.

Are you able to view your case status on the online status check website. Mine is not coming up so I have to depend on letter only.

Chunu 123,
It's ok. I haven't received my Interview letter yet. But I can see my case online though. It says" we have received your case and it is pending" it does not have any information about the finger prints or anything like that. I am not sure how long it is going to take. We always hope for the best. Good luck to you also.

SR 25

Prepare

No luckily I didn't have to. I got it as I was contemplating what to do next.
Interview next week. Hope it goes well.

I do not think it will be that hard. Make sure you bring all of your documents with you. Make sure you know all the answers to those questions given. I think you have to get 6 right out of 10 to pass the interview. I heard that it is so easy.

SR 25

Interview experience in Orlando FL

Hooray!!!

Triumph at last! It was a breeze..

Interview time - 9.00AM.
Arrived at the hall - 8:30AM
Called in - 9:45AM
Interview over - 10:00AM
Handed Oath Letter - 10:30AM

Oath Date is 8/31/07 9:00AM.

Let me briefly describe the encounter. After a long wait, finally I got called in.
The interview officer was very polite and courteous. After swearing me in, he went thru the appln. asked the yes/no questions and check marked all the answers. Then asked the 6 civics questions -

1. What are the colors of the flag?
2. How many justices are on the Supreme court?
3. Who was the President during the civil war?
4. When was the constitution written?
5. Who was Martin Luther King Jr ?
6. don't remember another silly one ;-)

Then asked me to write:
"They came to live in the United States".

Then wrapped it up saying I did good and he's recommending me for
approval and stamped "APPROVED" on my application. He did n't give me
the N-652, however. He asked me to wait in the hall to collect my oath
ceremony letter before I leave.

Good luck to all the folks still waiting for their turn at Orlando, FL.

Thanks for all the support from this forum.

Sincerely

Timeline at a glance
-------------------
PD:8/24/06
FP:9/15/06
Interview:8/7/07
Oath: 8/31/07

Congratulation!!

Congratulation trxw99,

You made it. Looks like it takes a whole year for the entire process.

Chunu 123,

if you don't see updates in your case online, you are expecting interview letter soon. Please post if you have gotten one yet. I am also curious to know about the timeline in Orlando DO.

SR 25

Congratulations on having completed your ordeal!

I'm currently in a similar situation to what you were previously in. Specifically, my N-400 has a priority date of December 5, 2006. The USCIS website as of last July 16, states they are processing cases dated December 12.

It is now essentially one month later and I've heard nothing (no request for additional evidence; no other communication). Website says case is being processed.

Do I:
1. Call USCIS and initiate a "service request" (takes 30 days to hear back from them, supposedly)?
2. Make Infopass appointment (don't know much about this option)?
3. Enlist aid of senator/congressman?
4. Sit back and wait?

I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Do I:
1. Call USCIS and initiate a "service request" (takes 30 days to hear back from them, supposedly)?
2. Make Infopass appointment (don't know much about this option)?
3. Enlist aid of senator/congressman?
4. Sit back and wait?
I would go for an Infopass. Here is why:
- the date of December 12th is published on the USCIS website under your District Office (Orlando), not the Texas Service Center. It is logical for you to visit the DO since the DO is in charge of requesting your file from the TSC, and they can take immediate action while you are present.
- an Infopass allows you to interact with a person who in the best case may be able to get your paper file (by contrast, a Customer Service Representative is likely to not have access to your paper file, at best they have access to databases). So you can get more information in your case by scheduling an Infopass.

You can schedule an Infopass at http://infopass.uscis.gov/

No need to involve a Representative or Senator at this point if you can have this taken care of through an Infopass.

InfoPass

My Priority date is 4/25/2007
FP was done in 05/19/2007
It has been 4 month from PD. SHould I go for Infopass or not?
Please advise who has similar situation.

SR25