N-400 December 2009 filers' tracker

Mash21. We ared definitely in the same situation. Following Trialander advice, I called yesterday and talked to an IO who told me that my case is on the queue waiting for Chicago IO to schedule my interview day. We all know Chicago is very slow in these days, so we will need to just wait.
I will post any additional info and let me know about yours
Good Luck

Finally, got the email this morning that the case has been transferred to local office.

Resident: 3/24/05
DO: Chicago, IL
(12/26/09): N-400 Mailed
(12/28/09): Delivered
(12/31/09): Check Cashed/Notice Action/PD
(1/08/10): Request for Evidence
(1/14/10): FP Letter
(1/15/10): FP Walk-in
(1/27/10): FP Original Date
(2/5/10): YL Received
(2/25/10): Transferred to Local office
(x/xx/10): IL
(x/xx/10): ID
(x/xx/10): Oath

Update: I have also received the email saying that my "case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled". Let's see how much time it takes to get the letter. Mash21, I guess we are definitely on the same boat...Keep us posted on your dates. Thanks.

My interview's done on 2/18 but still waiting for my oath letter. I see some people here get theirs in just one week after their interviews, my online status however remains unchanged.:( Not sure if it matters but i changed my name during the interview, the IO said it would not affect the processing time...

My interview was on 2/16 and got my letter on 2/23. So yes, a week sounds good. However, my online status did not change. But I am concerned that you had your name changed. I have heard that if you change your name during the citizenship process, you have to go through the name check process all over again. A friend of mine applied 3 months before me. She was approved during the interview but IO said that she will have to wait for the oath until her name check is complete. On the other hand, her husband got the oath on the same day.

Sorry...i wish I could have given you better news but name change during the Citizenship process is a no no nowadays.

2/25/10 email recd for spouse and self case transferred to local office for standard interview. Waitinf for IL

Hi everybody

My spouse and I had our interviews today and both of us got recommended for approval. My spouse had some traffic tickets etc and had taken court disposition papers for the recent most incident ( we could not get papers for the older incidents- only an all clear driver's record from DMV) and the IO was not at all concerned about those. For me - though it was not mentioned in the checklist or yellow letter, I had taken our kid's birth certificate and the IO asked me for it.

As far as questions- we got the easy ones - no dates or numbers ( but right now I cant remember them !)

Both of us were told that the oath might take 2-3 months. I guess they are setting a baseline for expectations !

Here's my timeline:
DO St Paul MN
12-01-09 - N400 mailed - Phoenix AZ
12-02-09 - N400 Received
12-02-09 - Priority date
12-07-09 - Check cashed
12-17-09 - LUD change (RFE mailed on 12-15-09)
1-5-10 - walk in FP
1-9-10 - Yellow Letter
1-11-10 - Scheduled FP date
1-19-10 - email update "case sent for standard interview", online status updated to "testing and interview"
2-25-10 - Interview Date - Done and Recommended for Approval

good luck to all

kharghosh

Hi everybody

As far as questions- we got the easy ones - no dates or numbers ( but right now I cant remember them !)

good luck to all

kharghosh

Kharghosh,

Did they give you multiple answers for questions or you had to tell the answer from your own?

Thanks.

Dear

I have the exact same Priority Date as yours. I still don't have anything. :-(

Hi,

It looks like those of us that applied after X-mas have to wait longer.Are there any Washington DC applicants of between Dec 25th and 31st that have received their ILs (apart from Cowface?] Or anyone who knows how the pace of things is at the Fairfax/DC office after X-mas and the snow holidays? Getting impatient!!

Today I called the 1-800 number and when I asked about our status, the lady transferred me(I didn't ask her!) to an IO. The IO said that our cases are in the queue for interview(My interview was requested on Jan 27 and my husband's on Feb 12) and that we will get info about it soon!

good to know chekodi. i just learned that another option is to go to your local IRS office and get a print out but not sure if all offices can accomodate that. i guess too late for that :) good luck.

Sunny/All, My interview went well and approved. Oath is also completed today. Finally this journey is completed. :)

Good luck Sunny and all.

Kharghosh,

Did they give you multiple answers for questions or you had to tell the answer from your own?

Thanks.

Dear

Hi
No it wasnt a multiple choice format. THe IO read out questions from his printout and I had to answer them from memory.

FINALLY....got text and email update 5.30 AM today (2/26/10)

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview

**happy dance**happy dance**happy dance

Just a few min ago...by talking to an IO, found out, that I'm scheduled in APRIL but she didn't give me date, but added that I should be getting IL soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaro,

I finished my interview on 19th and have not seen any changes in LUD or online status.
Just waiting to receive my IL now.

I had my interview on the 17th, I passed the the civic test and requested a name change. I haven't received my oath letter yet but the officer said you should get it within 2-3 weeks. I have noticed on the blog that many people who passed their interviews received some kind of letter/form shows that they passed the test but i haven't received anything like that, i'm wondering if this is normal or not ??