N-400 Certified Priority Mail

mj123

Registered Users (C)
I sent my N-400 application through USPS certified priority mail to following address

USCIS
Attn : N-400
2501 S State Hwy 121, Bldg. #4,
Lewisville, TX 75067

I see following message on USPS website

"Status: Notice Left

We attempted to deliver your item at 12:15 PM on April 15, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Anybody has any idea how to get this package delivered.

Thank you in advance.

I think it usually ends up being delivered. I don't understand why so many people spend the extra money on return receipts and things like that which only end up causing more anxiety. I think regular mail and track your bank account online for check cashing is good enough. You save money and it pretty much works as well or better.

I think it usually ends up being delivered. I don't understand why so many people spend the extra money on return receipts and things like that which only end up causing more anxiety. I think regular mail and track your bank account online for check cashing is good enough. You save money and it pretty much works as well or better.
I think certified regular mail is a good option. It can be delivered to a PO Box, allows on-line confirmation of delivery and only costs two or three dollars.

Correct. Mine was sent by regular mail and worked well too.

I sent my N-400 application through USPS certified priority mail to following address

USCIS
Lewisville, TX 75067

I see following message on USPS website

"Status: Notice Left

We attempted to deliver your item at 12:15 PM on April 15, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Anybody has any idea how to get this package delivered.

Thank you in advance.

It will be delivered. I had the same message and it was delivered the next day. Check back tomorrow. I actually mailed the the PO box (ZIP code 75029) by USPS certified mail, but noticed that the delivery was made to zip code 75067, which is this address.

USCIS
Lewisville, TX 75067

I think it might have been sent to the wrong address. In the "Guide to Naturalization" there are 2 addresses posted:

1) USCIS Lockbox Facility
USCIS
P.O. Box 299026
Lewisville, TX 75029

...and....

2) Private Courier (non-USPS)
Deliveries:
USCIS
Attention: N-400
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Bldg. 4
Lewisville, TX 75067

It looks like you might have sent a USPS package to a "non-USPS" facility. I just used UPS to send my N-400 form to the 2nd address and it was received with no problem.

You may want to check that out.

Thanks everyone.

It was delivered after couple of hours

Your item was delivered at 1:15 PM on April 15, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067

In the offical website which did not say

2501 S State Hwy 121, Bldg. #4
Lewisville, TX 75067

have to be non-usps delieved. USPS have the express delivery and they do ask for the signature,too. I do not see there is a problem. But as long as you send in express!

If your check does not get chashed in 30 days, you really don't know USCIS
is just slow or your N400 is lost

Hi

Just wanted to add my experience. I sent the N-400 packet via Priority mail with delivery confirmation. I sent it to the P.O box address in Texas and they left a notice since the mail probably didnt fit in the slot. I was waiting for 4 days and no updates, and then the usps track and cofirm updated it to delivered, but the delivery was 4 days earlier !!

So actually there didnt seem to be any problem except for the usps status update page. Its delayed, sometimes.

cheers