• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My wife has been issued dv11 visa

geot

Registered Users (C)
Thanks to all.

My girlfriend played the dv11 and won. we entered into marriage aggreement and submitted the letters to KCC.
After, we did not find things cheap at all going about the whole process. We were interview first on May 18, and the embassy called on 5th September that we should come for our final appointment. To our dismay, the embassy tried to give us our documents and stated that we are ineligible.

We challenge them and later accept that, they have made the mistake so we should kindly go and shall be called. They then stated demanding undue documents but God so good we were able to provide all. They called us today for 2nd interview and they concluded that we should choose between:

1. The visa will be issued to my wife
or2. All the visas will be voided so we should think about that and give them email.

Now, we have today to Friday 30th Sept, for the program to end.

My wife's problem is that, is it possible for me to join her later in the US and or for how long, can i join her there, since she is carrying a baby boy in the stomach and if i cannot join her there, then she is not going for the visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunately, you have to receive your visa too before Oct 1st. if you don't receive your visa by that day then the only option is for your wife to file a petition for you once she is in the US, BUT this process could take years before you'll be able to join her. otherwise, tourist visas are issued for up to 3 months maximum.

i am guessing that they think your marriage is arranged just for the purpose of receiving a visa, and I'm confused when you say you entered into a marriage agreement? :confused:

we are indeed truly married with our traditional recognition and also marriage license. but it because she won before we got married.

looking at the October visa bulletin, family based second preference (F2A) spouses of permanent residents: last priority date current at the moment January 2009. So, you would have about 3-4 years wait.

What effects does the thumbprint have on me. i guess refusal under this program means one is unable to recieve US visa for 99 years. But my wife still has the chance to go to confirm for the printing of visa today.

What effects does the thumbprint have on me. i guess refusal under this program means one is unable to recieve US visa for 99 years. But my wife still has the chance to go to confirm for the printing of visa today.

If in Doubt take the visa for her only choice since it ends tomorrow. I guess you have already paid so then you have six months to investigate all possibilities

My 2 cents

If in Doubt take the visa for her only choice since it ends tomorrow. I guess you have already paid so then you have six months to investigate all possibilities

My 2 cents

Dv2012AFTAZ is right. You won't lose anything if you get the visa. You can then look into details.

so if i want to only visit her, what effects will the immigrants thumbprint i have taken have on the trip?

A problem you will have is proving non immigrant intent when you apply for a visitors visa. The embassy assumes that you want to stay in the US forever and you must prove you have to leave. Harder to do when your wife is in the US

thanks.
what advice to i have to give my wife because she assumes its gonna take too long for me to join her there. we are 12months old couple.

thanks.
what advice to i have to give my wife because she assumes its gonna take too long for me to join her there. we are 12months old couple.

geot, were you given any reason why your visa was denied? were you told anything or given anything concrete? if you were denied because they suspected fraud i'm afraid your options might be very very limited.. if not, you are still up against a great challenge because now you have a wife who has an immigrant visa and is allowed to immigrate to the us and you have been denied a visa. it will be quite hard for you to prove ties to your country and to otherwise overcome the assumption of immigrant intent as you have previously applied for an immigrant visa...

you will most likely have to wait some years, probably 3+ before it's even a possibility for you to join your wife and even then you might find that you are in trouble because of previous denial.

if at all possible (financially etc.) i think your wife should travel to the US and attempt to maintain her permanent resident status. do research, she won't be able to leave for more than so many days or she will have to apply for permission to return with the USCIS. also, if in any way possible, if she gives birth in the us your baby would have US citizenship. this would be helpful not only for the baby's future but for your entire family to remain in the US......

ok thanks.

we were only told by the consul officer that, we lacked sufficient prove for the marriage besides the marriage certificate and that they are granting my wife and later on we should establish the ties well with good documentation and multiple trips by us to qualify me join her in the US.

Please is this an issue of fraudulent. if it not possible for me to enter the US help me to know.

well that sounds good in my opinion. he didn't cite you for fraud, you just couldn't overcome the assumption of fraud for a pop-up marriage. it also sounds like this consular officer is not concerned about your ability to get a visitor visa which is good. just follow his advice, take trips together to the US and make sure your wife maintains her permanent resident status, that will be the most important thing if the two of you travel back and forth.

so with this advice of making trips, how do we make it. for now it not possible for me to get a visitor visa because am being once considered as somebody who want to migrate to US for ever. Also, under what condition, will one not be able to go to the US if denied under the DV program for that 99yrs.