• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My visa journey and recognition to you all

Matap

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I am back with the full account of my interview.
I was scheduled march 7 to the embassy. We are a family of 4 and my wife was pregnant; she was due in March too. So before we got the 2nd NL we prayed for her to deliver after the interview. Fortunately, when we met the doctor, he said that the best time to do the caesarean will be March 21, that’s exactly 2 weeks after the interview. We were pretty happy with that.
Two weeks before the interview we did the medicals and everything was fine with us and the kids.
The day of the interview we were at the embassy 20 minutes before our appointment time. We underwent all the security screenings. We took the lift to the visa interview waiting room. I took a number and before I found a seat for myself after installing the kids and my wife, my number was called to submit all the papers. They were received in the following order: the principal applicant (me), my wife and the kids.
My kids’ documents and mine were Ok. For my wife there was a small mistake. Her name on the passport was different from the one in the E-DV system and on the DS-230 form.
When the lady was verifying our documents, I noticed that she realized the mistake. Instead of letting her ask why, I handed her a replacement DS-230 with the correct information. She took the paper and made sure that the other information are correct and asked me to go and pay the DV fees and bring the receipt to her, which I did.
I was instructed to wait to be called by the officer for the interview. After just 10 minutes, my number was called to face the IO. It was a black young and smiling lady. I must admit that this really helped to calm me down.
I will go with you first and then I will call your wife, she said. She asked me to swear and I did. She asked me some questions (why do you want to live in USA, how many kids do you have, when was your last time to visit USA, who is the person you are headed to in USA). The IO then called my wife asked her to swear and we both signed DS-230. I signed for the kids who were still in the waiting room.
After all that, to my surprise, the lady told me that she can not approve the case, that I was ineligible to enter the DV because my country is not listed as DV lottery beneficiary, which I denied. She went to see a supervisor, came back and apologized for her mistake. She then continues screening the documents and handed me the originals.
After about 2 minutes typing, she said congratulations, your visa case is approved. She handed a welcome paper with instructions on how to collect our passports. I gave a big kiss to my wife in front of the IO. She concluded you have a lovely family, your daughters are really beautiful. I wish you good luck in USA. The whole process took about an hour and half.
The white paper said that the passports with the visa will be available in 5 working days. In march 14, a week after the interview nothing in the mail and no information from the embassy. I gave them a call and they said that no visa information is given over the phone; I should send them an e-mail.
The same day, I discovered that one can track the status of his visa application on this website (ceac.state.gov/ceac). I went there, entered my number and surprise, surprise, surprise all of our case was not approved.
My case status was “ISSUED” with the description related to administrative processing. My wife and kids cases were “READY” as if they did not attend any interview.
My wife and I decided not to send an e-mail but just give them the time necessary to complete their procedure. From this time on, I visited the site several times in a day to see any update.
A week after (March 20), my kids’ case became “ISSUED” with the same description for administrative processing cases. My wife was still “READY”.
Effectively, my wife was ready to deliver the baby as she was scheduled in March 21. We went to the hospital early in the morning. At 1.52 pm, she gave birth to another beautiful baby girl.
The following Monday, my wife case status changed to “ISSUED” with the same description as mine. Again we decided not to contact the embassy until Thursday.
In the morning of March 28, exactly 3 weeks after our interview and a week after the birth of our baby, I sent a message to the embassy requiring additional information on our visa application.
Miracle, Miracle, Miracle after an hour, our status started changing one by one online.
All of us case status remained “ISSUED” but the description changed to “Your visa has been printed…”
I collected our passports in April 2. The visa issuance date is March 28 and it is valid for 5 months. My wife’s visa has her maiden name; the y did not write it the way it appears in the passport.
So, here is my story. Now I am wondering how I will bring my baby with me in USA. I read somewhere that when a baby is born after the interview and visa issuance all we need to do is travel with it and it case will be handled at the POE.
In my case the baby was born after the interview date but before visa issuance date. What do you guys thing I should do? The baby’s birth certificate and passport are not available yet and may take several weeks to be issued.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I can’t thank enough God and you guys Gabam, Ladylady and aboalSold (I have you in my prayers for the end of your AP), the Kenyan members thread, Jimma Boy, varxx, Sm1Smom, aos13 and Kazore for your prayers and answers to my inquiries. God bless you all.
Sorry for this long story. I really felt the need to give more details to inspire those who may be in the same boat as I also benefited from others experience.

Hi Guys,

I was scheduled march 7 to the embassy. We are a family of 4 and my wife was pregnant; she was due in March too. So before we got the 2nd NL we prayed for her to deliver after the interview. Fortunately, when we met the doctor, he said that the best time to do the caesarean will be March 21, that’s exactly 2 weeks after the interview. We were pretty happy with that.
Two weeks before the interview we did the medicals and everything was fine with us and the kids.
The day of the interview we were at the embassy 20 minutes before our appointment time. We underwent all the security screenings. We took the lift to the visa interview waiting room. I took a number and before I found a seat for myself after installing the kids and my wife, my number was called to submit all the papers. They were received in the following order: the principal applicant (me), my wife and the kids.
My kids’ documents and mine were Ok. For my wife there was a small mistake. Her name on the passport was different from the one in the E-DV system and on the DS-230 form.
When the lady was verifying our documents, I noticed that she realized the mistake. Instead of letting her ask why, I handed her a replacement DS-230 with the correct information. She took the paper and made sure that the other information are correct and asked me to go and pay the DV fees and bring the receipt to her, which I did.
I was instructed to wait to be called by the officer for the interview. After just 10 minutes, my number was called to face the IO. It was a black young and smiling lady. I must admit that this really helped to calm me down.
I will go with you first and then I will call your wife, she said. She asked me to swear and I did. She asked me some questions (why do you want to live in USA, how many kids do you have, when was your last time to visit USA, who is the person you are headed to in USA). The IO then called my wife asked her to swear and we both signed DS-230. I signed for the kids who were still in the waiting room.
After all that, to my surprise, the lady told me that she can not approve the case, that I was ineligible to enter the DV because my country is not listed as DV lottery beneficiary, which I denied. She went to see a supervisor, came back and apologized for her mistake. She then continues screening the documents and handed me the originals.
After about 2 minutes typing, she said congratulations, your visa case is approved. She handed a welcome paper with instructions on how to collect our passports. I gave a big kiss to my wife in front of the IO. She concluded you have a lovely family, your daughters are really beautiful. I wish you good luck in USA. The whole process took about an hour and half.
The white paper said that the passports with the visa will be available in 5 working days. In march 14, a week after the interview nothing in the mail and no information from the embassy. I gave them a call and they said that no visa information is given over the phone; I should send them an e-mail.
The same day, I discovered that one can track the status of his visa application on this website (ceac.state.gov/ceac). I went there, entered my number and surprise, surprise, surprise all of our case was not approved.
My case status was “ISSUED” with the description related to administrative processing. My wife and kids cases were “READY” as if they did not attend any interview.
My wife and I decided not to send an e-mail but just give them the time necessary to complete their procedure. From this time on, I visited the site several times in a day to see any update.
A week after (March 20), my kids’ case became “ISSUED” with the same description for administrative processing cases. My wife was still “READY”.
Effectively, my wife was ready to deliver the baby as she was scheduled in March 21. We went to the hospital early in the morning. At 1.52 pm, she gave birth to another beautiful baby girl.
The following Monday, my wife case status changed to “ISSUED” with the same description as mine. Again we decided not to contact the embassy until Thursday.
In the morning of March 28, exactly 3 weeks after our interview and a week after the birth of our baby, I sent a message to the embassy requiring additional information on our visa application.
Miracle, Miracle, Miracle after an hour, our status started changing one by one online.
All of us case status remained “ISSUED” but the description changed to “Your visa has been printed…”
I collected our passports in April 2. The visa issuance date is March 28 and it is valid for 5 months. My wife’s visa has her maiden name; the y did not write it the way it appears in the passport.
So, here is my story. Now I am wondering how I will bring my baby with me in USA. I read somewhere that when a baby is born after the interview and visa issuance all we need to do is travel with it and it case will be handled at the POE.
In my case the baby was born after the interview date but before visa issuance date. What do you guys thing I should do? The baby’s birth certificate and passport are not available yet and may take several weeks to be issued.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I can’t thank enough God and you guys Gabam, Ladylady and aboalSold (I have you in my prayers for the end of your AP), the Kenyan members thread, Jimma Boy, varxx, Sm1Smom, aos13 and Kazore for your prayers and answers to my inquiries. God bless you all.
Sorry for this long story. I really felt the need to give more details to inspire those who may be in the same boat as I also benefited from others experience.

@Matap,
CONGRATULATIONS
I'M VERY HAPPY FOR U AND UR FAMILY.
THKS

Hi Guys,

That must have been a difficult few weeks for you and the family. Am glad you went through it. May the LORD continue to bless your journey. I believe if you ask in some threads like the kenyan thread and the nigerian thread, you should get some answers as regards the baby question as i think i have seen something similar before.

THanks Newtonn and Muta for your message. Yes, these past 3 weeks have been so stressful. But thanks God everything turn out to be positive.
As per the baby, I sent a message to the embassy and I am still waiting to their instructions.

Hi Guys,

To gain instant permanent resident status at the port of entry, the baby must be brought to the US before 2 years old, and with the accompanying parent's first trip to the US since the birth. Normally the accompanying parent would be the mother, but if the father was abroad at the time of birth the father can bring the baby and the baby would still be eligible for instant permanent resident status.

At the POE, bring 2 passport-style pictures of the baby, and the baby's birth certificate in addition to the baby's own passport.

My wife interview is scheduled on September 1st. And she is 38 weeks pregnant.
On August 31th at 1.00 PM she started feeling some unusual pain. We started praying, asking God not to allow her giving birth before our interview. We know that if the baby is born after the interview she ll be processed at the port of entry only by showing to the border agent her birth certificate, but if the baby is born after the interview, thing may get worse: we ll have to do the baby`s medicals (215 dollars) + visa fees (819 dollars) + establishing the official birth certificate which takes at least 4 weeks in Montreal (express procedure is not available in Quebec) + applying for her Canadian passport. The 2011 DV program ends up on sept 30 2011. We are running out of time, and then it won’t be possible to fulfill those requirements within 4 weeks. Consequently we ll loose our immigration visa for good (bad luck).
The pain reached its climax at 4 .00 PM and my wife cannot bear it anymore, her water broke and we end-up at the hospital around 5.00 PM where she gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl at 10.00 PM. Can you believe that!
Soon after the birth we inform the doctor that we have a serious issue with our DV interview that will be held in few hours the next day at 8.00 AM, we explain the entire event and how it was important for us to get that visa. The doctor tried to persuade us not to attend the interview because my wife is too tired and her vaginal wounds have to be healed first. Finally after a 20 min meeting the doctors considered the whole situation including its impact in our future so they decide to give to my wife a certificate of temporary absence form the hospital for the next day valid from 6.00 AM to 10 .00 AM but without the baby (has to stay in the hospital). We thanked God!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ran home picked-up the documents, my wife clothes and mine, and head back to the hospital around 1.00 AM. The night was really too short, lot of things going inside my head…………………………………..

We arrived at the consulate around 6:40AM. We were the first in line with a few others arriving after 7AM. The doors opened at 7:30AM promptly and we were the first to enter. After going through security, we waited downstairs and sat in the chairs next to the elevator. We were sent up in the elevator to the 19th floor around 8AM. As we were the first off the elevator, received C1 and was told to have a seat. We were called up to the first window within a few minutes of being seated

We were called at the first window 30 min later, the lady proceed and took our fingerprints and medical results (not the x-ray or vaccination documentation) and passport. The agent found that my wife wore the hospital bracelet and then ask:
The Agent: why are you wearing the hospital bracelet?
My wife: I am just coming from the hospital because I gave birth few hours ago. I ask for a temporary absence from hospital but the doctors at first were skeptical but they finally understood my worries and decided to let me attend the interview without the baby
The Agent: are you serious? she called the CO to hear my wife story………………………..the CO was impressed by my wife courage and determination to get the visa. Because my wife was in pain. The agent asked for all our documents and the CO decided to interview my wife immediately after the documents checking.
The interview
CO: I can`t believes you came here few hours after giving birth!
My wife: answer……….
CO: baby gender?
My wife: baby girl and I gave her name
CO:…………….still amazed by my wife courage……………………..
My wife:……………………still in pain…………………………….
CO: pleased my wife to have a seat
My wife: thanks
CO: asked my wife to raise her right hand and swear to tell the truth ------------------then took fingerprint-----------
My wife: did
CO: recheck my wife diplomas and school transcript. Were you on F1 status in the pass?
My wife:ans………….
CO: where do you live ?
My wife:ans……………
CO: what are you doing for living?
My wife:ans----------
CO:do you have relative in US?
My wife:ans---------------
CO: what are you going to do in US?
My wife:ans--------------------------
CO: started typing………………….afterward she asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth ………….
Me: did----------------
CO: confirmed my profession
Me: correct
CO: in which us state are you going to live?

Me:ans------------------------
CO: what are you going to do in US?
Me:ans-------------------------
CO: ok --------and started typing--------------then asked both of us to sign the DS230 form, she added that the newborn will be processed at the port of entry. She pulled out the letter "Welcome to the United States” and said we were approved and wished us good luck.

It was a fabulous day!

Wish you all a good luck and thank you all(ammeck 09 , kunato,my2011,kennyeast,sista-mai,mamaizo Popescandy1,yaso,and all others,) once again for sharing the information here.

@dadadada72, thanks for your answer and for posting your experience. It's amazing how your wife and you were able to handle the situation with such a calmness.
I also had my interview in Montreal. After the interview, the visa was not issued right away. It was issued 3 weeks later and the baby was born a week before the visa issuance. I was worrying how to convince the immigration officer at the POE that the baby does not need a visa when me, my wife and other kids visas were issued after the baby's birth and we have plenty of time to request a visa for him (our visa is valid for 6 months).
I sent a message to the embassy for instructions and I am still waiting to hear from them.

contact KCC by email and phone asp send them new form ds 230 for the baby, do her passport and schedule an appointment with monreal embassy, be fast