My son's case is not yet approved....Need help

gopanna

Registered Users (C)
Approved for self and spouse. My son's case was not approved and the message still says Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on February 2002........ When i called INS 1 800 number, they were simply reading what i see in the online case status. What should be my next course of action. If any one with similar situation, pl help me

The second issue is that at the time of stamping we forgot to carry EAD, the lady at the counter told us that our cards might be delayed though she stamped. She gave us the address to mail cards. Is it a real problem. Any one encountered this type of problem.

Any input on the above is highly aprreciated

ND-- Feb'02
RFE--MAR'04
RFE RECD BY INS- APR'22nd
APPROVED on -- MAY'17th
Stamped on -- MAY' 24th.

Lin -02-117-xxxxx

You should get your dependents approval shortly -- I would say give it about 10 days more and see.
Normally they come thru within that time frame ( am assuming that your son is not at the risk of "aging out" ).

Thanks!

exact same situation as yours...

at least as far as my son's approval is concerned. RD/ND for all of us is feb 2002, and my wife and i got approved on april 22, 2004. but my 5 yr. old son did not, and his online message is still the very earliest one for him ("we received your i485 application ... on feb 25, 2002...").

also had called the customer service number, got the online message read back to me, and was reminded that NCS was doing dec 2001 cases. upon questioning as to how then my wife and i were approved, was advised something along the lines of "...each case is unique, and is accordingly handled differently...".

i have since sent a letter of inquiry to NSC on their general inquiries PO box, but haven't got anything back from them by way of response to that either. i guess at some point i might have to involve one of my state senators or representatives if the wait became inordinately long, so the letter at least gives me basis to claim that i did attempt to solicit information from NSC on my own before invoking higher powers...

i am open to any suggestions myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
They just find another way to make you hang on don't they. Fortunately my son (my unbelieveable joy) was born in the USA and he enjoys the wonderful benefit of dual citizenship (Australia). So he will never have to go through this torment (at least not with the US).

gopanna and pork: i think if they're not approved soon, maybe it's time to contact the senators / congressmen in these cases. at worst, they'll know that your kids exist and haven't been granted their residency. at best, you should see approvals like magic.

paul: kinda similar story, but told backwards; while both my kids were -- fortunately or unfortunately -- born in the great land of Ashcrofts, i recently got an approved residency petition for Australia. it's something i'll probably never use.

Pork and Orca, Thanks for the info. I would probabbly wait for another two weeks and then conatct the local senator.

I haven't submitted my EAD during the stamping. Is it going to delay my card

probably not. to my pleadings to accept my EAD cards, the immigration clerk turned a 'blind' ear (she was already visibly 'deaf' in the other - :)), so i'm still hanging on to them with my life. but if that delays the actual card, ours will be delayed too.

Pork any updates

Pork,

I haven't heard anything from INS. I am planning to conatct congressman. Any luck with your case.

Gopanna

no progress whatever... i am coming around to the idea of contacting a congressman also. currently i am not in the u.s., but i think i will do something along those lines upon my return. will keep everyone posted.

updates?

Does anyone have any update? My case was approved on July 3, my daughter's case is still pending, showing the same message since day 1.

File missing

Hi guys,

I contacted local senator and they got the response from INS saying that the file is missing. Now the case has been assigned to missing file dept to trace the file. Don't know how long would it take. Any guess what if the file is not found. Any inputs appreciated. Thanks

RD 485 for self, wife, and two daughters at the same time.
I was approved on 07/07/2004.
Wife and two daughters are still pending.
Talked to USCIS, they read the same text available online.

Lawyer says wait and watch.

I talked to my lawyer regarding my wife and kids case.
She advised me to send a letter to NSC.

I mailed a letter but have'nt received any response yet. I will send a letter again 6 weeks later.
This is the address:

To:
The Director
USCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln
NE 68501-2521

"FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR."

Case approved

Hi pork,

The senators office got back to me last Friday saying that the file was found and will be assigned to an officer. The case has been approved yesterday. Good luck to you.