My reflection on Nunc Pro Tunc ( A black hole in Immigration)

Hi, guys

Congratulations for those of you who made progress on your case. Does any of you happen to know usually how long it takes for local asylum office to send out the interview notice? My nunc pro tunc case has been transfered to my local asylum office, Newark office on March 3, 2006. Should I write to them and inquiry about my case status at this time? Please share your ideas with me. Thanks.

jxb270 said:
Congratulations for those of you who made progress on your case. Does any of you happen to know usually how long it takes for local asylum office to send out the interview notice? My nunc pro tunc case has been transfered to my local asylum office, Newark office on March 3, 2006. Should I write to them and inquiry about my case status at this time? Please share your ideas with me. Thanks.

mine took exactly two months..........

jxb270
My case was transferred back to AO from NSC on 02/09/06 and the interview was on 04/25/06. Just to give you an idea about the timeframe. Good luck with your interview. :)

Here's the latest news:
My attorney dropped by my office a couple of hours ago and handed me a copy of the NPT approval notice dated by 05/05/06 - exactly 7 years after the original asylum grant! He told me that most likely I will find the original of this letter in my mailbox tonight. Darn, I hope, they are not going to do anything till mid-July! :D

Morning said:
Here's the latest news:
My attorney dropped by my office a couple of hours ago and handed me a copy of the NPT approval notice dated by 05/05/06 - exactly 7 years after the original asylum grant! He told me that most likely I will find the original of this letter in my mailbox tonight. Darn, I hope, they are not going to do anything till mid-July! :D

You are probably the only person on the planet who wants the USCIS to move more slowly.

thankful
Waiting another couple of months after so many years is not, really, a big deal, especially if it saves me close to $300.- and plenty of extra hassle. So, it's worth it! :D

Morning said:
Here's the latest news:
Hi.. every one iam new in here. I have same case with faysal annaraka and morning.on march 9 2006 they tranfered my NUNC PRO TUNC case to local asylum office in Arrington VA. until now I dont hear anything news from them. should I write to them and iquiry about my case status at this time ? please.. share your ideas with me.thanks.

pikko said:
Hi.. every one iam new in here. I have same case with faysal annaraka and morning.on march 9 2006 they tranfered my NUNC PRO TUNC case to local asylum office in Arrington VA. until now I dont hear anything news from them. should I write to them and iquiry about my case status at this time ? please.. share your ideas with me.thanks.

Yes I would contact them.

pikko
Welcome to our unfortunate club! ;)
Personally, I have been proactive and sent a letter to the AO on 03/13/06 after a month of waiting (my case was transferred from NSC to SF AO on 02/09/06) and my NPT interview was scheduled on 04/25/06. My opinion is: it's not going to hurt. From my personal experience I can tell that our INS 'friends' start doing something about processing your case only after being reminded in writing and the mentioning of possible legal action against them works miracles: every time I do it the response comes in less than two weeks. At least, I've seen a consistent pattern. :p

Hi.guys thanks for respond.I think I should send a letter to them.morning may know when they RFE from YOU ? I counted processing time from Faysal & Annaraka is around 130 days. from the day they RFE.

Hey guys

I am waiting for my interview in Dallas TX from January 1st, day that I received the notification that my case was transfered to local office. I never recieved the letter by mail to this notification. I called any times to USCIS, and they say I need to way for. I request any times info pass and they said that it is strange and my case is in Nebraska, and they are checking it. The last time that I called 1800, a IO told me that she'd send a letter to NSC to request information of my case and I need to wait maybe 30 or 60 days. It was the last month.

I don't know when will be my interview, I don't know how many YEARS more I need to wait for my GC.

ok guys good luck to everybody, some of you have the interview, Now you are close.

pikko
NSC received my RFI on 10/13/06 and next time I heard from them on 01/20/06 after I contacted them through AILA and suggested a good possibility of legal action unless whoever is in charge of the case starts moving their ass. They received my response on 02/04/06 and transferred the case to the SF AO on 02/09/06. You know the rest. This morning I picked up NPT approval letter and I-94 backdated 7 years ago. The bulk of the letter is very different from what I received in the last century. Unlike the old one, it mentions asylee's rights not just responsibilities, as it used to be. :rolleyes:
Checked my I-485 online status: no LUD's and hopefully, will stay that way for another couple of months.

Morning: Any gut feelings on how we may get our greencards. I sent my package of approval on April 13, and they recieved it on April 14. As of today, no word, no change of LUD. I contacted the office of Abdusman. They used to be nice and responsive, but this time they are quite and not responding.....Any Idea. I think our cases are taken out of the pipeline, and are sitting somewhere in the dark...

faysal
I wish I knew the answer. My attorney estimated that my approval should be some time in June. Hopefully not. (Keeping my fingers crossed) I need a delay to through in a name change for free. ;) Hang in there! Write them and suggest a good possibility of a lawsiut if you do not hear from them within a month, which is more than reasonable amount of time. Rememer ksusha14? After she filed Writ of Mandamus, her case was adjudicated within a week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning said:
faysal
I wish I knew the answer. My attorney estimated that my approval should be some time in June. Hopefully not. (Keeping my fingers crossed) I need a delay to through in a name change for free. ;) Hang in there! Write them and suggest a good possibility of a lawsiut if you not hear from them within a month, which is more than reasonable amount of time. Rememer ksusha14? After she filed Writ of Mandamus, her case was adjudicated within a week!

Morning there is change in the LUD. I have posted it on another thread. It gives little hope that I am back to the line.

I don't think Writ of Mandamus for me at this time is good option. They have many excuses to refer to....I will wait until June and see what they have to say....

faysal
I'm not saying you should file Writ right away. I'm suggesting writing to the NSC and kindly reminding them about the possibility of a lawsuit if they do not act promptly.

Help!

Can someone please help me??? I am a derivative asylee and applied for my Green Card in early 2004. Later that year I married to a non-citizen. Now I am finding out that I may be in trouble - do you know if I can lose my status as an asylee? Also, do you know if I need to file a nunc pro tunc? Can that still help me get my green card? I still have not heard anything from the USCIS - just the regular GC process. Should I wait to hear from them first before I appy for a nunc pro tunc (if eligible for that).