MY OCI Saga

desi2007

Registered Users (C)
Here are some interesting/frustrating part of this OCI saga:

1.applied OCI to washington in February 2007
2.no acknowledgement updated online, so called them up. they said you will be recieving a letter shortly. do as needed. I asked whats in the letter. no answer.
3. I received a letter in the 1st week march asking me to send a cheque for 7 bucks so they can return the application to me. i have to file to houston instead of washington.
4. I sent a cheque for 7 bucks. and ofcourse they returned the docs with all sorts of stamps on it to me by 1st week April.
5. I reprinted the forms again did all the finger print stamps/photos etc . sent to houston.
6. houston ackowledged it on 11th April. scanned all the stuff then no answer.
7. I sit there checking the status online until its atleast 12 weeks as per their rule.
8. in 13th week i sent email to houston. no reply.
9.14th i try to call them, no use, fax them -dont work, email no use.
10. started sending emails almost daily until i get help. no use.
11. i escalated the issue after 5 months to Ministry and a top person(very top) sent an email to houston after two weeks. still no good.
12. I sent emails to swaminathan/minister for external affairs etc. you name it- every where. I have sent about 23 emails. no reply- nothing works. frustrated and lost time and money.
13. now its 6 months. i prepared a set of complete documents to forward to minister of education(consular) including all the communications. then i received a call stating that they were going to close my case because they never got a police clearance from my country(I am not US citizen;another western country).
14. asked me to send them US visa/EAD. still waiting. the guy seems to be good and promised things will move.

i will let you know guys where i go from here. I dont want to believe anything until it happens!!!

Is this a shocker to you...

ok. finally looks like my file is moving. status say granted and printed. this looks good now altho it took a while.