My mother is american, can she sponsor her son

luckyjack

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just had a question regarding citizenship sponsor to my brother by my mother. My mother has got a US citizenship. Can she sponsor any kind of visa or citizenship for her son (which is my brother) ?

I am also a US citizen and I just want to know which of the following is a better option;

Me(I am a citizen) sponsoring green card to my brother ?
My mother(she is a citizen too) sponsoring green card to her son ?
Which one has better chances and faster time of processing ?

Also I would like to mention that my mother got citizenship thru me, i.e by applying thru I130 etc.

What I mean to say is that she got the citizen thru her younger son and so can she apply for citizenship/greencard for her elder son ?

Can someone please clarify the above questions??
Appreciate your quick response.
Thanks.

Her sponsorship of a child is faster than your sponsorship of a sibling. Did you not already file for him when you filed for your mother?

similar case here. my sis alredy applied for me 5 years ago. my mom jst got citizenship. which will b quicker? ...hw long it takes if mother apply for her son who is 21+? 2 nd question is hw long it takes if he married? 3 rd question is if he married thn is that possible to apply for her son not included wife? plz answer thnx

similar case here. my sis alredy applied for me 5 years ago. my mom jst got citizenship. which will b quicker? ...hw long it takes if mother apply for her son who is 21+? 2 nd question is hw long it takes if he married? 3 rd question is if he married thn is that possible to apply for her son not included wife? plz answer thnx

ALL the options are preference categories.

FB-1 unmarried 21+ yr old son of USC [out of wedlock minor unmarried children and children of a widowed or divorced son or daughter can accompany or follow-to-join the parent and; a married son or daughter who divorces or is widowed can shift to this category and keep original priority date.]

FB-3 married son of a USC [only one I-130 is filed BUT the son can bring spouse and any under 21 y/o unmarried children who qualify at the time the visa becomes available]

FB-4 sibling of a USC (the I-130 USC petitioner must be 21 or older) [only one I-130 is filed BUT the brother can bring spouse and any under 21 y/o unmarried children who qualify at the time the visa becomes available and; An unmarried son of a USC can marry and shift to the married category but keep the original "priority date" (the date the I-130 is accepted by USCIS as properly filed)].

Consult the visa bulletin by category and Country of birth to estimate number of years until a visa might become available.

The married categories allow for changes (births, deaths, divorces, adoptions, re-marriages and stepchildren).

Your sister's case will probably reach completion faster because it was already filed 5 years ago. But if you can afford it, you should have your mother also file for you, so it something goes wrong with your sister's case you have a backup.