My Landing Experience By Air

rb2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I landed with my family at Vancouver Airport on 4th April. Since it was friday evening and another flight had come in before ours so there were long lines at the counters. Apart from that the airport looked deserted. Our turn came in about 40 mts and we told the guy at the counter that we were landing for the first time today.
He looked at our landing papers, asked how much funds we were carrying, checked our visa and then stamped our custom declaration form and directed us to the Immigration Dept.

In the Immig Dept there were only 4-5 familes landing at that time and they have about 10 counters in there. So we did not have to wait and went to one of the counters and the guy there took our passports, landing papers and asked for proof of funds. We had a cashiers check for USD 5000 and our bank statement with us.( I think its a good idea to take a cashiers check as it gives u some credibility.) After that he made us sign on the landing papers and gave us one copy of it. Also stamped our passport and gave us forms for SIN #. I asked him if he needed any photos and he said that they will use the ones on the landing paper for PR card and mail PR card in 6 weeks to the friends address we provided in Canada. Then we went to another counter which gave us all the forms and info about settling down in Canada.

Then we picked our bags and went to the customs and showed our goods to follow list. They stamped it and gave one copy to us. We were told, we will need to complete the inspection formalities whenever we get our car to Canada and also pay a registration fee.

After that we were out of the Airport. Overall the whole process was complete in about 1 hour 15 mts. Everyone at the airport was very courteous.

We went on Monday 7th April to HRDC building to get our SIN#. It took less than 10 mts there, they took our forms, checked our passport and landing papers and told us we will receive the SIN # by mail in about 4 weeks.

We took the Monday evening flight back to USA. At the Vancouver airport we went to US Immigration and Customs and there the guy at the counter checked our visa and I-94 and asked us how long we had been in Canada? We said 3days and that was it. We travelled back on the same I-94.

The landing was the smoothest process of our otherwise bumpy road to Canadian Immigration. And I feel it was really easy landing by Air. Now begins our next phase of waiting for our PR cards and SIN #. But it feels good to have LANDED.:)