My Job Title and EB2

nixone

Registered Users (C)
Do I qualify for EB2 with the followings?

Job Title: Operations Research Analyst
Job Start Date: Oct 07 (20 hrs/wk until Dec 07)

The original job ad (in the company website) said master's degree required and probably they are going to say master's degree required again when advertise the job for LC purpose.

I have two master's degrees. One obtained before I got the job offer and one obtained after I started working for the company. I have a couple of years of work experience (combined part-time and full-time), but it is all in IT field and the job I am doing right now is more to do with math, finance, and econ.

Please advice me if I will be qualified for EB2. Thanks.

The job has to qualify for EB2 first and then the candidate qualification and salary. If the job requires a MS or BS+5 years experience, it can qualify for EB2.

The job has to qualify for EB2 first and then the candidate qualification and salary. If the job requires a MS or BS+5 years experience, it can qualify for EB2.

Thanks, but I did not quite understand what you meant by "the job has to qualify first." How do I make sure the job qualifies? My lawyer is using this site, http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/15-2031.00, to get some help to advertise my position for LC.

If you visit that link and look under the Job Zone:
SVP Range (8.0 and above)
Education A bachelor's degree is the minimum formal education required for these occupations. However, many also require graduate school. For example, they may require a master's degree, and some require a Ph.D., M.D., or J.D. (law degree).

So, you know my job detail, I have two master's degrees, and I am getting paid higher than the median salary for the state I work in. Please let me know if I qualify for EB2. Thanks.

Job zone 5 and svp range beyond 8 can very well ask for masters as minimum education requirements plus some experience, part experience i am not sure if it is acceptable, better to stay away from it, use degrees obtained and work experience gained before joining PERM/I-140 petitioning employer, of course full time experience when i say work experience

Thanks whitemimauz3.

If I count after my undergrad and before I started with the current company, I have 2 years of full-time work experience (1 year after undergrad and 1 year after grad), 4 months of full-time paid internship, and 1 semester of part-time (10 hrs/week) graduate assistantship experience.

Even though there is a big gap between my full-time work experience, I will be able to have 2 years of work experience. But the thing I am worried the most is that my previous work experience is in IT and I am in different field right now. Would that be a problem? What if the company advertise the position asking for master's degree, but no experience with the title, job zone and SVG mentioned above? Would that be an issue with DOL? Thanks.

Masters degree plus 0 experience is fine, but you might end up receiving lot of resumes, better to go with masters plus 1 year work experience. According to new dOL guidelines, for occupations with job zone four, and svp range of
7-8, the maximum education and work experience requirements can be bachelors plus 2 years experience (EB3) OR masters plus 0 years experience, (EB2), any requirements beyond this will definitely triggers business necessity audit. Since your occupation is job zone 5 and svp range beyond 8, you should be more than ok if it asks for masters plus 1 years experience

whitemimauz3, I really apprecite your time and advice. One last question, let's say the company advertises the job opening asking for master's degree and 1 year work experience, how can I claim 1 year experience when my previous work experience is not directly related to the current job? Thanks.