My interview in Local office

jupise

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys

I had my interview in local office yesterday on the morning. The IO called me and we went together to his office. He requested my Passport, ID, and I-94. Then, He started to ask me some question about my personal information. He followed the format I-485. After that, He took my finger prints. Finally he stamped my passport, told me that my case was approved and my GC will be email to me in 6 months...

I would like to say thanks God and everybody. I just want to share my experience with you.

ND 2001
FP 2004
FP and BIO 2005
Case on Local office 01/2006
Approval...07/2006

hie people,
i found this forum this morning and it's the best so far that i have seen with people sharing their experiences. i am from Kenya and winner of 2007 DV. i have read so much info and now am not too sure if am doing the right thing.
This is what i have done so far.

I received NL and sent ONLYthe DS122 to Kentucky as advised to inform them of my intent to do AOS since am already here in USA as a student. do i expect to have received any confirmation that they received my DS122?

i have called USCIS for the next step but they seem not to know much info. please tell me,do i send the rest of the forms beginning october or do i have to wait for my visa number to be available then send the other forms?

should i pay the $375 as soon as october or only when a number is available for me?

I do not have police records from my country. is it a must for me to have those?

does any of you know if my sponsor for school qualifies as my sponsor for the GC or is it a must to get a sponsor from here USA?

please help me with any answers. My lawyer does not think i need to have police record and affidavit of support.

jupise said:
Hi guys

I had my interview in local office yesterday on the morning. The IO called me and we went together to his office. He requested my Passport, ID, and I-94. Then, He started to ask me some question about my personal information. He followed the format I-485. After that, He took my finger prints. Finally he stamped my passport, told me that my case was approved and my GC will be email to me in 6 months...

I would like to say thanks God and everybody. I just want to share my experience with you.

ND 2001
FP 2004
FP and BIO 2005
Approval...07/2006

Congrats Jupise and you'll be the first one receiving the GC by email, lucky you!! :D :D :D (just kidding) Anyway congratulations.

jupise said:
Hi guys

ND 2001
FP 2004
FP and BIO 2005
Approval...07/2006

Hi Jupise,

Congrats ! It is always overjoyed to see our old buddy to get a relief...

Is your passport an expired or renewed one ?

jupise said:
Hi guys

ND 2001
FP 2004
FP and BIO 2005
Approval...07/2006

Congrats.
Now my question is why do you have to wait for 6 months to get GC?
Thanks

Skelly said:
hie people,
i found this forum this morning and it's the best so far that i have seen with people sharing their experiences. i am from Kenya and winner of 2007 DV. i have read so much info and now am not too sure if am doing the right thing.
This is what i have done so far.

I received NL and sent ONLYthe DS122 to Kentucky as advised to inform them of my intent to do AOS since am already here in USA as a student. do i expect to have received any confirmation that they received my DS122?

i have called USCIS for the next step but they seem not to know much info. please tell me,do i send the rest of the forms beginning october or do i have to wait for my visa number to be available then send the other forms?

should i pay the $375 as soon as october or only when a number is available for me?

I do not have police records from my country. is it a must for me to have those?

does any of you know if my sponsor for school qualifies as my sponsor for the GC or is it a must to get a sponsor from here USA?

please help me with any answers. My lawyer does not think i need to have police record and affidavit of support.

Hi Skelly,

Congratulations on your DV winning. We are happy to hear that. Unfortunately, I don't think anybody on this specific forum can help you with your questions because we are asylees and not lucky winners of DV lottery. Please check the DV lottery section at http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38 They might help you and guide you better there. Good luck!

jupise said:
Hi guys

ND 2001
FP 2004
FP and BIO 2005
Approval...07/2006

My warmest congratulations! I am happy for you!

Thanks everybody.

GrassRoot
I renewed my passport this year. My NP.

Aniket19
They stamped my passport as Resident, but I need to wait the process to receive my plastic Card. The IO said that it takes 6 months.