My interview experience.

aymannada

Registered Users (C)
Here is my interview story.

I arrived to Detroit District Office in Michigan around12:50pm and my appointment was at 1:30pm.
At 1:25pm, the IO showed up and introduced himself and took us to his office (Cube).

He said I will ask some questions in order to finsih your application.
He asked about my name, my father's name and my mother's name. After that he swore us.
He asked for our Birth Certificates, and Marriage license and Driver's License because I had my address changed.
After that, He asked about my Parent's in Law family. he said: "Tell me about your parent's in law family". I gave him the name of each one and what do they do and where do they workd and go to school.

Moreover, he asked about my wedding. How many people attended the wedding and he would like to see some pictures.
Believe it or not, we went through over a 100 pictures in my Album, and asked me about 3 or 4 of people in the pictures.
At the end, he said "Did you know if your I-130 was approved?" I said No, I am not sure if it is approved or not. He said that is weird... You case is approved and every thing is cleared, but how come you or I don't have any approval on your I-130. "I will find out". Than he wrote an email to Califonia Service center and he told me they usually respond on the same day. Otherwise, I would have stamped your approval today, but I just need them to send me the I-130 approval first.
At the end, he said you are all set.

I asked "May I ask a question"
He said: sure go ahead.
I said: Is my name cleared from the FBI
IO : Yes, every thing was cleared and you are approved, but I am just waiting for a response from the California Service Center on my email.
I asked: How about my I-131. Any idea? I need to travel.
He looked at his Computer, and he said you are travelling Dec 14th.
I said : Yes.
He said, I told you, by then you will have your approval.

Till now, I am confused... How come he got every thing approved while my I-130 is not approved yet?

By the way, I took my 2 months Kid with me, and I bet that this was the reason that he didn't ask more questions. Because her left his chair and looked at my baby and smiled. He said: So quiet. I said yes

I asked the officer, should I contact USCIS for an updates or Should I call to see what happened with my I-130?
He said, umm. Just wait, and I will stamp your approval as soon as I get a response from them.

That was my interview...It took about 25 minutes, bec he spent about 5 minutes on the email, and about 10 minutes on the pictures. (LOL)

So, I think I have to wait now and see what will happen next. No LUD on any form today, but I hope they update that next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

Congratulations on your interview. It's good to hear that u were not stuck in namecheck. I expect you to get your welcome letter tomorrow or latest Monday.

I was wondering if it was ok to take my 3year-old daughter together with me for interview even though the interview letter says there is no need to unless required by them. Don't know

If your child can be quiet, I would take her to the interview regardless.That is irrefutable proof of a bona fide marriage.

If they ask, just say you could not get a babysitter.

BIG Congratulations my friend!

I am glad that everything cleared for you! :D and do not worry, it was some administrative error that he did not have your I-130 approval right there. But as soon as as he clears this up you will get your emails and LUDs that say:

before next week (or even this week) is over you will get:
i-130 - approval notice sent
i-485 - notice welcoming the new resident sent
then in a couple of days:
i-485 - card production ordered
and finally a week or so after:
i-485 - approval notice sent (enclosed your GC)

So do not worry and go celebrate! :D

Congrats... can I borrow your baby for my interview!? lol j/k... ;)

LOL.

You are the second or third one who asks me to borrow my baby.
To who ever has a baby, I recommend to take him/her with you to the interview.
Not only my Interviewer, but many IO that were passing by the cube, stopped by and said, so quiet.
One thing I forgot to mention about my interviewer,when he looked at my baby and said she is so quiet, than he said "No baby left behind; like others do".
I think this make a big sense about taking the baby to the interview.

Thanks for every body in this Portal. Special thanks to PraetorianXI. :D

Lenova, I remembered you at my interview because you told me to ask the IO if my FBI name cheack was cleared. So I asked him and he clarified every thing for me.

I will wait,,,, no LUD on anything yet.
I hope by Monday they update my I-130 and my I-1485.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.

You are the second or third one who asks me to borrow my baby.
To who ever has a baby, I recommend to take him/her with you to the interview.
Not only my Interviewer, but many IO that were passing by the cube, stopped by and said, so quiet.
One thing I forgot to mention about my interviewer,when he looked at my baby and said she is so quiet, than he said "No baby left behind; like others do".
I think this make a big sense about taking the baby to the interview.

Thanks for every body in this Portal. Special thanks to PraetorianXI. :D

Lenova, I remembered you at my interview because you told me to ask the IO if my FBI name cheack was cleared. So I asked him and he clarified every thing for me.

I will wait,,,, no LUD on anything yet.
I hope by Monday they update my I-130 and my I-1485.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Congratulations, Aymannada... Although I'm a bit surprised he spent so much time looking at the pictures, even when you brought your baby with you to the interview. He probably was just joking around.
Don't worry, it's just a matter of minutes before you receive your approval e-mail. Be happy!!!

Congratulations, Aymannada... Although I'm a bit surprised he spent so much time looking at the pictures, even when you brought your baby with you to the interview. He probably was just joking around.
Don't worry, it's just a matter of minutes before you receive your approval e-mail. Be happy!!!

So far, I checked my email and the USCIS website at least 5 times in 3 hours.
I can foresee how my days are going to be from now until I receive the email or the Updates.

I can foresee how my days are going to be from now until I receive the email or the Updates.

Congrats!!! Don't worry, You have been approved. Your GC will arrive soon. Relaxed and enjoy your happy time:)

Don't be so anxious Aymannada, relax and take some vacation if possible.

Congratulations! I'm happy for you!
I have my interview on tuesday but the IO won't be able to see my baby. I'm a little over 2 months pregnant.
A few more days of anxiety and you will have your GC...

Congratulations! I'm happy for you!
I have my interview on tuesday but the IO won't be able to see my baby. I'm a little over 2 months pregnant.
A few more days of anxiety and you will have your GC...

Every body is saying Congrats to me, but I don't feel happy yet.
Just worried about why my I-130 has not been approved yet !!!
And how come no updates on the AOS yet, although every body said in this portal that they got updates on their LUD as soon as they finished their interview.

That's why I didn't update my signature yet. I will wait until I receive an email from the CRIS. :confused:

By the way, I thought both I130 and I485 are usually approved at the same time. Does this mean that CSC approves the I130, sends to the respective Dos for the interviewing officers to approve I485?
I am just being curious here as I am wondering if I should receive an approval for my I130 before I go for the interview.