My interview experience

Maryana Avagyan

Registered Users (C)
Thank you all forum members for valuable information and advice. We had our interview today in Chula Vista. We were definately overprepared. Our officer was a very nice lady in your mid-30s, she swore us in and asked for IDs. Then she asked for my passport and started going through those questions like "have you have been in Communist party, etc.," then she asked when, where and how we met, what we have in common. Then she double checked my husband's income, we gave her his recent paystubs and that's all. The whole interview took about 10-15 minutes. She didn't ask for any supporting evidence like joint acoounts, pictures together. She said she beleived us. Then she stamped my passport and told me that I should receive my temporary GC within a month. We said have a nice day to each other and left. That's it. By the way, I got my EAD yesterday, one day before the interview, waste of money and time, no use of it at this moment. Basially, if a marriage is real and people have no much age difference and have similar educational and occupational background they don't have to worry about interview. Good luck to everyone.

congratulation i hope i get mines soon
married usc
i485-i765-i130 nd oct30 2006
bio-nov14 2006
rfe-nov16
uscis rec rfe-dec13 2006
from then no lud
no ead yet

Maryana,

That is terrific news! Could you share your time line..How you entered the US and when/what documents you filed. Lets hope that more of us have good stories like this!!

Here is my timeline:

i485-i765-i130 sent to Chicago Lockbox Oct 8th
Oct 13 package received in Chicago
Oct 18 LUD case in Lee's Summit
bio-nov 2 2006
RFE Nov 3
RFE accepted by uscis Nov 16
Interview letter Nov 30
EAD received January 9
Interview January 11th in Chula Vista approved

Congratulations! :)

I have to say though, me and hubby have age difference and educational and occupational differences too :) And we had no problems at all. It all comes down to a legit marriage and a nice officer :)

Maryana Avagyan said:
Here is my timeline:

i485-i765-i130 sent to Chicago Lockbox Oct 8th
Oct 13 package received in Chicago
Oct 18 LUD case in Lee's Summit
bio-nov 2 2006
RFE Nov 3
RFE accepted by uscis Nov 16
Interview letter Nov 30
EAD received January 9
Interview January 11th in Chula Vista approved
Wow... You got everything done in 3 months... with RFE... :confused:
CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Congrats Maryana.

I also wouldve had my case done in a little less than 3 months had it not been for the FBI name check, now who knows how long I will have to wait.

I wish you and your husband the best.

Could you guys share what kind of age difference you have? One terrible lawyer told me age is a definite issue and USCIS does not like/approve people who have an age gap or who are of different race.

I am 29 and my husband is 24 and are of the same race. I asked my lawyer about that and he kind of laughed and said I had nothing to worry about. He said he is 9 years older then his wife and she is of a different race as well. Just curious! :)

all right guys, now you are all making me nervous!
i thought about age difference before, but was sure that if marriage is based on love there's nothing to worry about.
in my case my wife is 15 years older then me! she is 36 and i am 21.
we really love each other and not trying to fool nobody.

It depends on the officer, but it shouldn't be an issue. My husband is 22 years older, and our officer couldn't care less. She didn't bring it up at all. I personally think that anything up to 12 years is not an age difference at all - I have always dated men older than myself, and to me it was the norm :)

Don't worry about it - no one will deny you because you have an age difference. It would be discrimination.

Good luck! :)

thanx jewel.
i think it's normal for woman to date an older guy, but guy to date an older chick is not so common though.
we are not worried about that a lot but just don't want to complicate the process.

spungebob said:
thanx jewel.
i think it's normal for woman to date an older guy, but guy to date an older chick is not so common though.
we are not worried about that a lot but just don't want to complicate the process.

Hi:

Your statement is a vast generalization. Of course your case may be treated with some suspicion since you do not fall into the norm, but prove your bona fide relationship like everyone else. No huge problem.

Age is a number...

Hi:

I am 69 yrs older than my wife. She just turned 19... :p

Age difference could cause issues if there is a lack of sufficient proof of a bona fide relationship to USCIS. Women who marry older men are hot... :D

:D

Al Southner said:
Hi:

I am 69 yrs older than my wife. She just turned 19... :p

Age difference could cause issues if there is a lack of sufficient proof of a bona fide relationship to USCIS. Women who marry older men are hot... :D

:D

:D :D :cool:

Well, as much as we want to believe that USCIS does not dicriminate on basis of nationality, race or age, in fact it does, they just prejudiced against certain nationalities and also age differences, officers are just overcautious and suspitious , they are trained to be so.They just want to be sure you didn't marry your 70 year old neighbour to get a green card. It is very insulting for people who have, for example, age difference but real marriages, but it is just how it is, they do everyting to prevent possible fraud.Unfortunately people who love each other and have all the best intentions to create strong families very often suffer. But, anyways, let's stay optimistic and full of hope.

i think anyone that is married to someone who is a lot older is going to raise questions. In the USCIS case i would say it raises suspicion and think it is justified.

I think that people should really stop complaining about what the USCIS does or doesn't do. It is the process and everyone has to go through it. I for one know that my marriage is bone fide and therefor don't care how the interview is conducted. You read it on here over and over again that if you are in it for real everything will be fine.

Hello! I just received notice for our green card interview and have quite a few questions just as I've had through this entire process. I'll sure be glad when it's over. Does it ever end? Anyway, I found this website and and it seems to be full of good advice and info. Can anyone tell me......

1. They are requesting I bring everything I have already sent in at some point in the process, I-864's, job letters, w-2's, medical. Do I need to fill out the I-864 again or can I take photocopy of the one I already sent in.

2. Also, does my husband need another medical? Can't I just bring a photocopy of the one he had last August to enter the US? My husband came into the country on a K3 Visa and was required to get a medical for the interview at the US Embassy.

Thanks in advance for any input.

i am pretty sure that on the interview notice it says that you only have to bring medical if not already submitted and the same is for the tax stuff.

At least that is what it says on mine.

my lawyer told me that everything you turned in already you do not have to bring again. at least no copies, but bring the originals. as for all the stuff your want to submit like joint leases, bills, accounts, insurance, etc. you should make copies since the IO might want to keep some.

also for the pictures if you have originals you also might want to make copies so that they won't keep your originals.