My Interview Experience Was Extremely Pleasunt !!

Atique.Rahman

Registered Users (C)
Guys, Had my interview done this afternoon. Had no idea I could simply walk in & get that done. But I just took a chance as Want mentioned one of his post. Therefore thought it's worth of trying cause what worse could it be ??
My interview experience was as follows.
Went USCIS Irving, TX office at 12PM. Waited 35/40 minutes after droping my interview appointment letter dated 02/12/2010. I was called by the USCIS officer a female officer oriental most probably from Vietnam or somewhere I'm not sure. But officer was extremely friendly & nice. She first told me raise my right hand & sworn me & tell me have a sit. After that she went through almost each & every line of my N-400 application. She even asked me about my international trip ( Which was only once & COP ). But that's all not like why did you go back to COP or anything like that in nature. She asked me about my kids, wifes citizenship status, how many time both me & my wife was married. I said both we were married once. She asked me about me been to jail ever. I said not in my entire life. She asked me if I was ever detained. I said not in US but in COP & officer mentioned herself guess that was one of the reasons you seeked asylum right. My answer was yes. She also asked me if I was ever in a removal proceedings & than replied herself I understand you put yes to that question & since you were granted asylum through IJ so tecnically you were in removal proceedings & after IJ graned you no longer falls in that category.
I was also asked if I file taxes or owe back taxes to IRS?
Actually the officer went through the whole N-400 application & she seems like very satisfied with all the answers. I was feeling not nervous at all at this point. Than she goes now I'll ask you 10 civic questions. I kind of joke at this point saying hope I'll pass that civic test ?? She laughed at me & replied oh come on you'll pass easily. Actually USCIS officers can pretty much judge an applicant within a few conversations.
(1) What's the name of our vice-president?
(2) Why does colonist came to United states ?
(3) What's the highest court in United States ?
(4) How many ammendments in Constitution ?
(5) Who makes federal laws ?

I answered all them correct she said that's enough. Don't need to ask you anymore. She asked me to read a sentence " WHO CAN VOTE " I read that. Than she asked me to write " Citizens Can Vote "
She then congratulated me for passing the test & have me signed two of my pics. She also gave me a paper to see all the info's in that are correct if so than put my initial there oh I forgot she also gave me a paper & have me sined there.
She then said she don't have any slot open for the day today for the oath but USCIS will mail me a date soon. I even asked her how long it usually takes to get the oath letter & she replied 2/3 days.
Guys sorry about the long post but as mentioned earlier it sure was a very pleasunt experience for me. Guys that are waiting for your up coming interviews my suggestions would be just be yourself. Read your N-400 application before your interview. That's all don't worry about being in COP or your asylum stuffs. Once you were granted PR USCIS don't really care about those past things. Good luck to you all.
Atique.

congratulation brother atique, iam really happy for you, iam glad its over, now you can move on with your life and put all these immigration stress behind you,
congratulation again

What a day!!!!

Congratulations.... It's nice to see an old member of this forum finally ending this long journey...
Enjoy every minute of it !!!

Congrats atique. Glad you got your interview done and got approved. Congrats!!!!!
Thanks Want. Brother your advise really helped me a lot. As you said I did try this afternoon & wow it all worked great. You are really awesome.
I sure appreciate all your help at all times. May Allah bless you & family.
Atique.

CONGRATULATION MAN :D
that's awesome...read posts and experiences like yours make my life better..just waiting next year for aply also...now rest and get more blessings in your life...

CONGRATULATION MAN :D
that's awesome...read posts and experiences like yours make my life better..just waiting next year for aply also...now rest and get more blessings in your life...
Thanks for your wonderful reply osogio. Just relax & your interview experience when time comes will be very pleasant like mine too.
Atique.

Guys, Had my interview done this afternoon. Had no idea I could simply walk in & get that done. But I just took a chance as Want mentioned one of his post. Therefore thought it's worth of trying cause what worse could it be ??
My interview experience was as follows.
Went USCIS Irving, TX office at 12PM. Waited 35/40 minutes after droping my interview appointment letter dated 02/12/2010. I was called by the USCIS officer a female officer oriental most probably from Vietnam or somewhere I'm not sure. But officer was extremely friendly & nice. She first told me raise my right hand & sworn me & tell me have a sit. After that she went through almost each & every line of my N-400 application. She even asked me about my international trip ( Which was only once & COP ). But that's all not like why did you go back to COP or anything like that in nature. She asked me about my kids, wifes citizenship status, how many time both me & my wife was married. I said both we were married once. She asked me about me been to jail ever. I said not in my entire life. She asked me if I was ever detained. I said not in US but in COP & officer mentioned herself guess that was one of the reasons you seeked asylum right. My answer was yes. She also asked me if I was ever in a removal proceedings & than replied herself I understand you put yes to that question & since you were granted asylum through IJ so tecnically you were in removal proceedings & after IJ graned you no longer falls in that category.
I was also asked if I file taxes or owe back taxes to IRS?
Actually the officer went through the whole N-400 application & she seems like very satisfied with all the answers. I was feeling not nervous at all at this point. Than she goes now I'll ask you 10 civic questions. I kind of joke at this point saying hope I'll pass that civic test ?? She laughed at me & replied oh come on you'll pass easily. Actually USCIS officers can pretty much judge an applicant within a few conversations.
(1) What's the name of our vice-president?
(2) Why does colonist came to United states ?
(3) What's the highest court in United States ?
(4) How many ammendments in Constitution ?
(5) Who makes federal laws ?

I answered all them correct she said that's enough. Don't need to ask you anymore. She asked me to read a sentence " WHO CAN VOTE " I read that. Than she asked me to write " Citizens Can Vote "
She then congratulated me for passing the test & have me signed two of my pics. She also gave me a paper to see all the info's in that are correct if so than put my initial there oh I forgot she also gave me a paper & have me sined there.
She then said she don't have any slot open for the day today for the oath but USCIS will mail me a date soon. I even asked her how long it usually takes to get the oath letter & she replied 2/3 days.
Guys sorry about the long post but as mentioned earlier it sure was a very pleasunt experience for me. Guys that are waiting for your up coming interviews my suggestions would be just be yourself. Read your N-400 application before your interview. That's all don't worry about being in COP or your asylum stuffs. Once you were granted PR USCIS don't really care about those past things. Good luck to you all.
Atique.

Dear Bro.

Congratulations.

Nice work. My mom's interview is next week (with 2 short COP trips to see her ailing parents). I'm not too nervous about it, but your experience just makes me relax more.

WOW! Congratualtions, dear Atique! I'm glad to hear you took want's advice. You will be sworn in very soon! It will be finally over. I'm very happy for you!:cool:

Nice work. My mom's interview is next week (with 2 short COP trips to see her ailing parents). I'm not too nervous about it, but your experience just makes me relax more.
cafeconleche, your mom will be just fine. After PR status USCIS has no intention to be bothered about her COP visit. They simply don't care. Now others may say well, just because I didn't have any problem doesn't mean it'll be applied to others. But guys just be realistic, what's the point of the USCIS officer to held someone accountable for visiting COP. They certainly get better things to do. Now in my interview as I mentioned I was asked about that COP visit but that's just a routine question to find out how long I was out of US as a PR. Simple as that. Now if someone is that unlucky that interviewing officer is in that shitty mood that he/she is going to give an applicant real hard time than no one has got anything to justify that wierdo. But in general visiting COP will never be an issue unless someone stays a lengthy period of time away from US & COP.
Atique.