My EAD card will expire 1/3/11!!!

sweetie1

Registered Users (C)
I just got married to a US citizen and filed my AOS application, including I-765. USCIS received my package on 12/13/10. I am currently working on OPT F-1 but my EAD card will expire on 1/3/10. I realized my new EAD card will probably not get to me in time before my current one expire. I was wondering how long does it take you guys to receive your EAD card from the time you filed your AOS application? I am so nervous I will not be able to continue working after 1/3/10!!!

Thanks so much!

90 days after filing. You have to stop working, you can take FMLA or unpaid vacation. By that time you'll get your GC

Contact your congressman/senators asap! you will have to complete the privacy form and include copy of your wp and letter from your employer. If your expedite is approved, you can get your wp in <2 weeks. Read up on expedite services from USICS.. you may qualify based on humanitarian and or extreme financial hardship.

There is no humanitarian clause, and if extreme financial hardship to be proven the USC must make less than the poverty level, which i suspect is not the case here. Best is to wait and get the GC

Contact your congressman/senators asap! you will have to complete the privacy form and include copy of your wp and letter from your employer. If your expedite is approved, you can get your wp in <2 weeks. Read up on expedite services from USICS.. you may qualify based on humanitarian and or extreme financial hardship.

What are the steps to approach this option? What would I tell the congressman and what kind of documents do I need? Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it!

There are ample posts on this forum .. simply contacting the congressman and requesting and expedite just based on having no financial income which is extreme can expedite the EAD. Sometimes its your luck! go to their website, fill up the privacy notice form, sign it and fax. Make sure you send all the relevant docs including your receipt.

google up your state name and type in congressman /senator.. and you will get your list. Then go to their website where you will get the privacy form. If you can't find it give them a call. These folks were elected by their constituents to serve them. There is absolutely no reason not to contact your congressman if you do need assistance or have issues dealing w/ the federal government. I would also suggest giving back to the community by volunteering at the minimum... this is something we as immigrants are not used to doing cause it doesn't usually happen back home.....

fyi...also look up expedite and USCIS.. and you will get the required criteria....

Last edited by a moderator: