My citizenship interview!!!

Exilado99

Registered Users (C)
I had my citizenship interview this month, I arrived 5 minutes before my scheduled time, it was raining a lot and the traffic was chaotic, I expend more than 3 hours in traffic but I made it before my scheduled time. My name was called 10 minutes after I checked in.
The interviewer was very polite and courteous. Everything went fine. I visited my COP 5 times during the since I got the green card, my mother was/is sick so I had to visit her and I had all the hospital papers and a notarized letter explaining why I went home, the visits to my COP were never an issue, I wasn't asked a single question about that. After 10 minutes or so I was given an approval letter and a same day oath letter. While I was waiting for the oath, this was in the waiting room, the IO who interview me came back looking for me, he told me his supervisor didn't want to approve my case because I needed to answer some more questions, I was terrified and I did get calm after a few seconds while we were walking to his office, had everything with me, just like they say: prepare for the worst and hope for the best, the IO wanted to know more about the Organization I claimed asylum from, it must be on some kind of terrorism related black list I am not sure, I did answer all the questions and he made me sign a new affidavit with the questions and answers I gave him and he said to me: I hope this will get your case approved but if they have some more questions they will contact me.
I ended up attending the oath and got my citizenship certificate. Can they still ask more questions after this? Please share your knowledge.
Thanks much.

Obs: I was an asylee.

I had my citizenship interview this month, I arrived 5 minutes before my scheduled time, it was raining a lot and the traffic was chaotic, I expend more than 3 hours in traffic but I made it before my scheduled time. My name was called 10 minutes after I checked in.
The interviewer was very polite and courteous. Everything went fine. I visited my COP 5 times during the since I got the green card, my mother was/is sick so I had to visit her and I had all the hospital papers and a notarized letter explaining why I went home, the visits to my COP were never an issue, I wasn't asked a single question about that. After 10 minutes or so I was given an approval letter and a same day oath letter. While I was waiting for the oath, this was in the waiting room, the IO who interview me came back looking for me, he told me his supervisor didn't want to approve my case because I needed to answer some more questions, I was terrified and I did get calm after a few seconds while we were walking to his office, had everything with me, just like they say: prepare for the worst and hope for the best, the IO wanted to know more about the Organization I claimed asylum from, it must be on some kind of terrorism related black list I am not sure, I did answer all the questions and he made me sign a new affidavit with the questions and answers I gave him and he said to me: I hope this will get your case approved but if they have some more questions they will contact me.
I ended up attending the oath and got my citizenship certificate. Can they still ask more questions after this? Please share your knowledge.
Thanks much.

You're done, congrats! You can now apply for your US passport!

Thanks much.

First Congrats on becoming USC.

Yes they can ask more questions. Normally they do not pursue the case after you becoming USC. However cases posted by BigJoe show citizenship has been withdrawn later , as applicants had given false information/ lied to USCIS.

As you were an asylee, visiting your country of origin raises red flag. Hope you had given true answers and the new affidavit you had signed is correct. If so, do not worry.

Thanks so much for your insight. I have all the docs saved in my house if in case they want to ask more questions later. The questions he was asking were in my original asylum case, I could see him reading the marked pages and highlighted questions from a big file he had on the desk.
I have already applied for the US passport, no time to waste.

Last edited by a moderator: