My case was send to MSC, is this normal?

murfin

Registered Users (C)
My 130/485 concurrent filing was send to MSC, (case number started with MSC) The case status not found on line. Anybody in the same situation?

My wife's case is MSC as well. Our mailed application reached the USCIS on July 28th. The online system would always say that the case status cannot be found and I found it very frustrating. I finally gave up. Last time I tried was 3-4 days ago. This morning I tried again after reading your post and lo and behold, there is a status update that AP and EAD are approved!

MSC is another name for NBC

The National Benefits Center is a part of the USCIS Field Office Directorate. It gets files ready for relocation to a field office for interviews among other things.

When it was just getting started it was equipped with the same computer equipment like a Service Center and was provided with an identifier as the "Missouri Service Center" (MSC). It is similar to but different from an actual "Service Center" within USCIS.

Almost all family-based adjustment cases and most N-400s go through it along with some of the other varieties of adjustments. It is a sign of progress on a case.

It doesn't matter. My file was MSC too. The speed of your case doesn't depend on that. It depends on your local USCIS office's schedule.

MSC cases sometimes do not show online for quite a long period of time. My case started showing online only after I received my interview letter. Nothing to worry about.