My and My Parent's GC sponsor revoking sponsorship

GrnCrdHolder

Hi,
My Uncle (who is US citizen) had sponsored my and my parent's green card. My uncle wants to revoke his sponsorship to our green cards.

My parent got their green card 7 years back, but they live in Kuwait and come back to US regularly to maintain permanent residency here. Their green card was solely sponsored by my uncle. Currently my parents are not in US. If my uncle revokes his sponsorship,
1) what will happen to my parent's green card?
2) Can we get some other person to sponsor their green card? If yes, what is the procedure?

Now, I got my green card 4 years 11 months back. My green card was main sponsored by my uncle and co-sponsored by my dad's friend who is too US citizen. I have already applied US citizenship and just today completed the naturalization interview successfully, now awaiting oath letter. If my uncle revokes his sponsorship to my green card, how it will effect my citizenship process?

Thanks.

Nothing will happen to your or parents's green cards, the only time he could have done it was before you guys immigrated to US 7 years ago.
Let your uncle do whatever he wants to, he can't do nothing at this time.

there is nothing in his power to revoke a sponsorship. you guys have already got your lpr status. it would have been an issue if he decided to withdraw his affidavit of support before being issued the gc.

I have already applied US citizenship and just today completed the naturalization interview successfully, now awaiting oath letter. If my uncle revokes his sponsorship to my green card, how it will effect my citizenship process?

He can't revoke the sponsorship or Affidavit of Support after the green card has been approved. However, you becoming a citizen will terminate the Affidavit of Support as it relates to you (but it will remain in effect for your parents).

Do your parents have reentry permits or work for the US government (e.g. at a US military base in Kuwait)? If both are false, they're likely to lose their green card soon if they keep spending so much time outside the US. How often do they return to the US?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jackolantern:
Yes my parents had used two times the rentry permit, and times without the reentry permit they visited US once in every 365 days. They are coming to US on 26th Jan this year, and they had left US on Feb 9, 2010.

@Concerned4us:
Yes I do know that just visiting US is not enough. They are also not paying taxes in US. But this time my dad has left his job and planned to stay with me here in US permanently.

From the replies I do see that directly my uncle can not revoke his sponsorship. However, he can complain to USCIS about my parents permanent residency and how they are not staying in US and return back for some time every year to just maintain it. So I do not wish to fight my uncle or strain relationship with him as that might cause hardships for my parents. I will myself become US citizen in 1 month. Once I become US citizen, I will be eligible to sponsor my parents.

Now question is can I sponsor my parents green card (although they have already received it), and allow my uncle to remove his sponsorship?

OP, the board has already confirmed you that "sponsorship" is not something that can be withdrawn at will, specially after the GCs have been approved.
Unless your parents lose the permanent residency status, there is no need to sponsor them again.

Yes I do know that just visiting US is not enough. They are also not paying taxes in US. But this time my dad has left his job and planned to stay with me here in US permanently.

This will get very interesting once IRS finds out about seven years of missing tax returns, penalties and interest.

Now question is can I sponsor my parents green card (although they have already received it), and allow my uncle to remove his sponsorship?

You cannot sponsor your parents since they are permanent residents, and your uncle cannot remove his sponsorship.